Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still pied even if it doesn't prove to be an inheritable trait. Just like Snowflake the albino gorilla was still albino even though it wasn't genetic.

might look that way gunny, wait till you breed it and see if it proves out before calling it a proven pied , it might be like a reverse paradox. a one off.

you don't know that , it could be something completely different :?
do you have a genetic read out of the snakes DNA telling you its a legitament pied? no you dont.

how can an albino gorilla be albino without it being genetic? was the white pigment painted on? Waruikazi

Last edited:
might look that way gunny, wait till you breed it and see if it proves out before calling it a proven pied , it might be like a reverse paradox. a one off.

Whether it is a genetic pied or a one off freak of nature non genetic pied it's still a pied is it not?

Very nice btw - hence me asking.

King Kong was a bloody big Gorilla also but was it genetically linked or just a one off? Whatever the case - he was still bloody big!

Definition of Piebald: Having patches black or white or of different colours.

What does the snake in his avatar have? OMG a patch of white!

you don't know that , it could be something completely different :?
do you have a genetic read out of the snakes DNA telling you its a legitament pied? no you dont.

It is a 'legitimate' pied, being pied makes no reference to how the animal has become piebald. Wether it is genetic or not is another question. I'll throw down the gauntlet to you, prove me wrong. Find me a legit defintion of piebald that states how the animal must become pied.

how can an albino gorilla be albino without it being genetic? was the white pigment painted on? Waruikazi

I don't know buddy, i'm not a genticist. But just because you don't or can't understand it doesn't make it wrong.

heres a couple photos i took of snowflake about 3 months before he died of skin cancer back in 2003.from memory he had around 22 bubs and they are still producing with no albinos amongst them.
cheers
simon

Attachments

• e-201 snowflake.jpg
    e-201 snowflake.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 195
  • e-202.jpg
    e-202.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 177
While we are on topic, Someone said that they aren't leucistic because they have brown colour on their heads. Leucism is a visual trait that affects all colour pigments. It does not mean a total lack in colour, in other words you can have leucistic animals with some colouring.

I didnt say it was proven just said it was pied.
In that article page posted it states that the "blue eyed luesistics" are marbled. does it say they are luesistic in the article or is it assumed.
It may just be a juvenile colours and as it grows out may end up like the parent.

While we are on topic, Someone said that they aren't leucistic because they have brown colour on their heads. Leucism is a visual trait that affects all colour pigments. It does not mean a total lack in colour, in other words you can have leucistic animals with some colouring.

seen an example on youtube the other day with a leucistic ball python.

honestly i don't like the look of the leucistic childreni

l grew up in a town in country Victoria where twin girls were complete albinos with pink eyes the lot. their family ran the local milk bar/cafe no sign of albinism before or after l remember feeling sorry for them always wearing slacks/long pants and long sleeved blouses/tops and staw hats in summer and those pink eyes were really spookie when you were talking to them....just thought l would share solar 17 [Baden]

LOL ntvnm, if you were going to bag someones knowledge and make a smart comment you should at least learn how to spell :)

Now, on with the thread... I don't mind the look of leucistic childreni...

NB: gunny do you have a bigger pic of your avatar? Maybe you could post a full body pic somewhere so we can have a look at it? I noticed you have a few pics in your profile but they aren't too clear, it looks quite interesting....

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that proves waruikazi ,is that you can use google.
i was talking about the piebald mutation that can be used in creating exiting morphs. not the word in general.

end of discussion. :rolleyes:

I proved that you are wrong, an animal can be pied without the trait being genetic.

No you weren't talking the piebald mutation that can be used to make 'exiting' new morphs. Here is your quote:

That is what i responded to. All you have proved is that you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder wat sort of price tag these will have? Anybody know wat the marbles will go for?

Has everyone gone mad?

The picture is of 2 marble childrens hatchlings and 2 normal childrens hatchlings showing a 50/50 ratio meaning it's recessive. It says the marble was proven to be genetic then displays these pics. I don't know where anyone is getting granite from on the other 2, they are stock standard childreni.

Those marble hatchlings as you can see around the head and if you look closely at the back will turn into something similar to the adult pictured. Seemed pretty clear cut to me.

Anyway weird looking snake as an adult.

Gird

'Pied' is a term that refers to the phenotypic characteristics of a snake, it has nothing to do with the genetics that result in said phenotype. Thus regardless of the genetics behind it, and regardless of whether it is inheritable or not, gunny's snake is, by definition, 'pied'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back