Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares?!! :lol::lol:

Once again the point is to inform the VIEWER, I think some people can't grasp this. :)

We are grasping that. The hilarious thing is that some VIEWERS actually believe what they see has been filmed as the real thing and the poor sod had to result to eating lizards. That is really funny.

dont get me wrong i like the show 2 and majority of the hints and tips are helpful i just dont think killing a beautiful animal just to show people they can survive is right.. bashing a reticulated python on the head whilst it suffers IMO is not kool (if it was a life or death situation then i understand)

he only kills them if he needs to eat. i have seen a few were he has relesed the reptile because he had bugs and birds and rabits. im sure if you were out there and all u had to eat was a reptile imsure u would eat it. i even gotta giv hime extra points for not eating the snake wich bit him in one episoid :)

He doesn't need to kill anything to eat... you do know it's a big load of bull right (ie. he's not actually stranded, there are tens of people there with him and of a night he goes to a hotel)? There's no need for him to kill anything - and if there was I'm sure that he'd be much better off explaining a humane way to end an animal's life and doing so in a swift and 'tasteful' matter.

I don't think I could be more against this tosser...

animals are made to eat

i completely agree, if he ate them it wouldnt be so bad. and im not talking one bite for the camera. the main concern is that its killing endagered species to demonstrate edibillity, when there is a collection of camping grub available and you could just as easily say "oh yeah and if i wanted to i could bash that adder on the head with a rock and cook it and eat it, but because its unnessicary and my crew has food i will just eat the equivalent in rations" or something similar.

and to the rabbit coment, you cannot compare killing an endagered species to killing rabbits either, but i do get your point and i would still consider it unnecessarily stupid if it were any other protected species, not just reptiles.

Once again the point is to inform the VIEWER, I think some people can't grasp this. :)

I care , that's why I posted it ;)
And I can grasp the show , i even watch it ocassionally , but i find that clip to funny to not post .

The point of the show is entertainment, not much else! I enjoy watching it, i love it when he eats poop.

I've killed and eaten heaps of native animals which includes some reptiles. There is nothing wrong with it so long as it is legal, ethical and sustainable.

When has he ever killed an endangered species? All of his shows i have seen he differentiates between the protected and unprotected animals which can be eaten and he always advocates instant humane killing of animals. Beleive me bashing on the head, while not pretty, is very humane. Just think about how you kill all your rats and mice.

i completely agree, if he ate them it wouldnt be so bad. and im not talking one bite for the camera. the main concern is that its killing endagered species to demonstrate edibillity, when there is a collection of camping grub available and you could just as easily say "oh yeah and if i wanted to i could bash that adder on the head with a rock and cook it and eat it, but because its unnessicary and my crew has food i will just eat the equivalent in rations" or something similar.

and to the rabbit coment, you cannot compare killing an endagered species to killing rabbits either, but i do get your point and i would still consider it unnecessarily stupid if it were any other protected species, not just reptiles.

Creatures fault for being made of delicious nutritious meat

I love Bear Grylls. I think he is great and his shows contain very usefull information. You hear of people going missing all the time whilst out bushwalking or on treks.

I dont necessarily like watching an animal being killed (thats usually when i turn away lol) but it is all very informative, how to clean the kill, how to cook etc.

For a guy who broke his back whilst in the forces, i think he is amazig!

I stand by what I said though, I would like to see most of you do what he does, even with a hotel some of the time!

OK, give me a camera crew, a helicopter, a parachute and a ****load of food and I'll do exactly what he does... be a phony

Will

u call bashing a snake on the head 3 times over coz the first two hits didn't connect properly humane??

When has he ever killed an endangered species? All of his shows i have seen he differentiates between the protected and unprotected animals which can be eaten and he always advocates instant humane killing of animals. Beleive me bashing on the head, while not pretty, is very humane. Just think about how you kill all your rats and mice.

my apologies i meant protected but (due to my minds constant attempts to sabotage me) wrote endangered. i agree bashing on the head is usually the most humane way to go, if done right, but in the circumstance i was referring to, unnessicary. i have had plenty of experience killing animals for food, it used to be my job and i enjoy hunting so i dont disagree with it in the slightest. i enjoy most of his shows for the entertainment value but cannot grasp the reason behind killing some of the animals he does, when a simple admission of "i have other junk to eat" will suffice without sacrificing the entertainment value of the show.

Whilst we are arguing whether he is genuine or a phony, he is laughing all the way to the bank. At least he is not stupid, we know that. But even smart people can turn themselves into a laughing stock.
I used to laugh and then I stopped watching it. I have no problem with him now.
By the way, what's his real name? The phony one sounds really stupid.

my apologies i meant protected but (due to my minds constant attempts to sabotage me) wrote endangered. i agree bashing on the head is usually the most humane way to go, if done right, but in the circumstance i was referring to, unnessicary. i have had plenty of experience killing animals for food, it used to be my job and i enjoy hunting so i dont disagree with it in the slightest. i enjoy most of his shows for the entertainment value but cannot grasp the reason behind killing some of the animals he does, when a simple admission of "i have other junk to eat" will suffice without sacrificing the entertainment value of the show.

I agree, I'm also a hunter but... eugh. They way this guy does anything for 'shock value' in order to get ratings, and, in the end, money in his pocket revolts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back