anyone think what type of Stimson eg wheatbelt it is?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks similar to a lot of stock standard wheat belt animals ive seen but that doesnt mean it is one. Like has been said, its heritage is forever unknown unless you can trace it back through its previous owners.

Not a bad looking animal, better to stick with an 'unknown' heritage than make something up from what online experts think.

It looks similar to a lot of stock standard wheat belt animals ive seen but that doesnt mean it is one. Like has been said, its heritage is forever unknown unless you can trace it back through its previous owners.

Not a bad looking animal, better to stick with an 'unknown' heritage than make something up from what online experts think.
So I guess go with unknown Stimson could I breed it with Windora

You can breed it with whatever you want, so long as you sell it as such. I havent crossed localities personally but that doesnt mean you cant. Best thing you can do is be honest and move the offspring as unknown heritage.

You can breed it with whatever you want, so long as you sell it as such. I havent crossed localities personally but that doesnt mean you cant. Best thing you can do is be honest and move the offspring as unknown heritage.

Thanks cause I bought it as a Wheatbelt and was hoping to breed it as a Wheatbelt.So will have to breed as possible unknown crossed localaties.Would that be ok.

If you bought it as a wheat belt, breed it as a wheat belt with a suitable mate. Your not doing anything different to everyone else, unless you pulled it out of the bush yourself it could be anything.

If you bought it as a wheat belt, breed it as a wheat belt with a suitable mate. Your not doing anything different to everyone else, unless you pulled it out of the bush yourself it could be anything.

By your reasoning those of us that have worked with collectors in WA and have purchased genuine wild caught animals are not breeding a true Wheatbelt line?

Are you not still relying on the word of the taker? Chances are you have what you bought, but you can not remove all doubt unless you caught the animal youself.

stims2.jpg

The top two stimsons are wildcaught wheatbelts. Just for comparison. Shows how variable animals within one locality can be. Guessing what your snakes are based on looks, is exactly that a guess.

I think problems arise if you label your animals as locality specific just based on what they look like, as echiopsis has already said. I agree that unless you pulled the animal from the bush, you will never know for certain where it is from. But the word of takers is the best guarantee you can have with this. I think it is one of the few ways we here in WA are lucky reptile wise, because we have such easy access to wildcaught locale specific animals. Which I think is pretty special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back