snake killing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic has been done so many times, and recently too.

Do a search, and you'll get hundreds of opinions on the subject. You probably won't get much here because everyone is well and truly over it.
in the nicest way possible
honestly your post was un needed.
and if people are over it they do not have to reply to my posts.
if it was such a problem i am sure a moderator would have pulled this thread and or locked it
i understand that you are maybe over this subject but other people may not be hence posting on this thread

thankyou

in the nicest way possible
honestly your post was un needed.
and if people are over it they do not have to reply to my posts.
if it was such a problem i am sure a moderator would have pulled this thread and or locked it
i understand that you are maybe over this subject but other people may not be hence posting on this thread

thankyou

What I am trying to say is, you're obviously seeking opinions on the subject, so why not do a search and read the numerous ones already posted, instead of wanting people to re-post? That's all I suggested, and I advised you not to expect too many carefully constructed replies because the topic has been done to death already. I wasn't being rude, just trying to help you out buddy. And my reply wasn't nearly as "un needed" as this thread ;)

It's not "such a problem," it's more plain annoying. You seem determined though, so you may continue without further interruption from me :)

thank you mellissa i didnt mean to offend and or upset you or cause any offence and i am sorry if i did so and u are always welcome to post in my threads =)

So back on topic...

Does anyone know how bear can come here and kill protected species?

I mean he is not in a survival situation with the film crew feeding him.. which he admitted on an American tv show.

I just don't understand how he is able to do this.

Can anyone shed light on this for me.

Cheers
Sturdy

So back on topic...

I mean he is not in a survival situation with the film crew feeding him.. which he admitted on an American tv show.

Cheers
Sturdy

He s a celebrity.

Seriously the live eating of that poor snake made me retch :(

haha! i think everyone on this forum feels that way
i know i do

i totally disagree, on both occasions of him killing snakes (the olive and the file snake - i saw the file snake on youtube) he has shown the quickest, fastest and safest way to kill a snake, so if anyone is in that position (with no food or water) they can catch and kill a snake to survive... so he can get away with it because he is educating the world on how to survive ... if they had too

some of the stuff in his shows is purely C^@P, but anything he says about food or water COULD save a life ...
if he was just walking around the australian outback killing snakes with sticks or throwing them off cliffs just for kicks that would be different ...

AND THE SHOW IS DESIGNED FOR AMERICANS, WHO GET KICKS OUT OF HIM SWIMMING ACROSS A CREEK AND CATCHING A NON-VENEMOUS SNAKE, and the show obviously gets good ratings, as they have filmed enough footage to go until september next year ... we all watch it, does thatmake us all sadists ? no

there, thats my rant for the morning ...

Last edited:
So back on topic...

Cheers
Sturdy

I don't know what other states are like but here in the NT you just have to fulfill the requirements for, make an application and give reasons why you want to infere with wildlife to NTPWS. The permits aren't handed out willy nilly but they are obtainable.

I'm a hunter and enjoy it as much as I do my reptiles, but..........I only hunt ferals.........our native wildlife has enough problems without needless killing and killing for the sake of this tv show is indeed needless. "showing people the right way to kill a snake if they are in this position for survival" Please, how hard is it, I'm sure most people know a snake or lizard is edible. He could catch it and explain, there is no need to kill it, its not like his survival depends on it.

our native wildlife has enough problems without needless killing and killing for the sake of this tv show is indeed needless. "showing people the right way to kill a snake if they are in this position for survival" Please, how hard is it, I'm sure most people know a snake or lizard is edible. He could catch it and explain, there is no need to kill it, its not like his survival depends on it.

+1

I'm a hunter and enjoy it as much as I do my reptiles, but..........I only hunt ferals.........our native wildlife has enough problems without needless killing and killing for the sake of this tv show is indeed needless. "showing people the right way to kill a snake if they are in this position for survival" Please, how hard is it, I'm sure most people know a snake or lizard is edible. He could catch it and explain, there is no need to kill it, its not like his survival depends on it.

+1, couldn't agree more... I'm in the same boat. :)

Agreed with you too ships - ferals are bad and should be hunted first - in fact why don't we start a TV show called Survival on Ferals? That would be a good one I think :)

But let's also bare (scuse the pun) it in mind that we love snakes and a vast majority of Australians actually dislike them to the point of phobic.

It doesn't suggest what Grylls did was correct - but it does suggest why Aussies aren't up in arms and yet the local APS contingent is fairly irate!

I am unsure of how many copy cats there will be (if any - the best seen so far was the Asian survivalist on YouTube).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back