1st python advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
Gday everyone
Im new here but love the site! i have a few minor questions about snakes and and 1st timers.
1st i just moved to Forbes nsw and was wondering whats a good snake for this climate (real cold nights) i kno the enclosure will have a heater but thought i would ask.

2nd whats a good 1st snake, one thats easy to get delivered out to me here in forbes, one thats not naturally aggressive (i have handled olives/diamonds/a blackheaded and once an albino jungle) so im comfy with snakes but never owned/fed one.

and 3rd can i get some info from people about where they bought their snakes and quality breeders/sites who freight snakes, also is it legal to buy of just anyone or licensed breeders are there licensed breeders? sorry bout the newbie questions but u gotta start somewhere.

thanks to the 2 people who sent private messages
what im looking at is either a spotted, a Murry darling or a childrens kel and julie from python1.com have some cuties and
appear to love them even after sale and help with some after sale care,info support and seem like reputable dealers,
anyone have info on these breeders? they good anyone got any of there hatchies/yearling's?

Hello and welcome :)

My first thought was that a Diamond may be ideal for you.
Of course, others may be also.
You can check the For Sale threads on here to see whats around.

The link below is to an article by Doc Rock. Its a good read and gives the basics of each type of python. May help you decide.

http://www.sxr.com.au/Article PDFs/road_testing_lr.pdf

Michelle

Have a look in the for sale thread they have A few great breeders in NSW

Any of them snakes would be great just do some googling to make sure u get all the info :D

I have had my Murray Darling for a month now. I am very happy with my choice. As placid as and active after dark

my first was a murray darling, and second was a spotted... both fantastic and vert much loved...

Hi, i got a diamond from Kel and Julie, fantastic, calm healthy animal and i couldnt be happier with the diamond or the 'transaction'! :)

dont forget to post pix once u have ur python, every1 here loves pix! :)

thanks to everyone well im going to get a spotted(for my wife hehe) from kel and julie(lovley people)
then after some time and learning curves im getting a b&w jungle hatchie for myself, some cheeky moderator here who shall remain nameless damn well got me well addicted to the b&w jungles he breeds.
So now im off to search the web for all my stuff heat lamps/thermos etc etc

post some pics when you get the spotted :)
got to love the B&W jungles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back