Has anyone found bredlis?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as soon as i get my P's im going up the mcdonelle rangers just for it, i think their bloody awesome.

ive never seen wild pictures, its why i wonna find some wild ones....

I'm also interested. Any pictues of these amazing animals in their natural habitats would be great! :)

I've seen them in the wild, managed to luck out and find one the first night i spent looking. I cant load photos due to some blocking feature in my computer but i'll try and get it resolved and get some photos up

I've seen them in the wild, managed to luck out and find one the first night i spent looking. I cant load photos due to some blocking feature in my computer but i'll try and get it resolved and get some photos up

Sounds amazing, great job! May I ask the general area? :)

it was the mcdonald ranges...i don't know if it was the east or west mcdonald ranges.

I found a few wild images doing a google search, planing a trip that way next year to try my luck!!
Sorry cant share images I found as they are not mine and I no longer have url's to them :(

I have a couple of wild ones here, that were collected on permit from Alice Springs. They aren't anything special now, but when I first received them they blew any captive ones I'd ever seen out of the water. We are about to move premises and once we have, I will set them up outside and hopefully their colour will intensify.

I have a couple of wild ones here, that were collected on permit from Alice Springs. They aren't anything special now, but when I first received them they blew any captive ones I'd ever seen out of the water. We are about to move premises and once we have, I will set them up outside and hopefully their colour will intensify.

Hey Jonno,
So it's true what they said about UV intensifies the colour on Bredlis? What made them not so 'special' anymore? Is it the fact that it was kept indoors? Sorry if I've crossed over to the killzone here but I was just interested as to whether it's true or false.

I've found that wild Darwins are the same. I've caught alot of darwins on permit to be kept in captivity. When they come out of leafy green environments like rain forest or palm forest their colours on bright days smack any captive darwin in goolies but within a day or two of being in captivity they lose those bright colours. I think diet my have an impact on colour aswell as sinlight and i'm not entirely convinced that it is just the UV in sunlight that does it.

Hey Jonno,
So it's true what they said about UV intensifies the colour on Bredlis? What made them not so 'special' anymore? Is it the fact that it was kept indoors? Sorry if I've crossed over to the killzone here but I was just interested as to whether it's true or false.

G'day Snakelove,

When they first arrived, they were fluorescent orange. They are now a dull brick red - still nicer than most in captivity but nothing on what they were. I started a thread several months ago asking if anybody had noticed a correlation between UV or white light and colour intensity. If you search it up, you'll find some good information.

Cheers

I've found that wild Darwins are the same. I've caught alot of darwins on permit to be kept in captivity. When they come out of leafy green environments like rain forest or palm forest their colours on bright days smack any captive darwin in goolies but within a day or two of being in captivity they lose those bright colours. I think diet my have an impact on colour aswell as sinlight and i'm not entirely convinced that it is just the UV in sunlight that does it.

That sure is interesting. Do you have any solid articles regarding this topic? Have you tried getting them back to their normal selves? Were the darwins kept indoors after you've collected them? Ever tried putting them outdoors?

G'day Snakelove,

When they first arrived, they were fluorescent orange. They are now a dull brick red - still nicer than most in captivity but nothing on what they were. I started a thread several months ago asking if anybody had noticed a correlation between UV or white light and colour intensity. If you search it up, you'll find some good information.

Cheers

Thanks for that Jonno. Really interesting subject to read up on. I'm trying to look for your previous threads and hopefully find it. thanks mate

That sure is interesting. Do you have any solid articles regarding this topic? No. Have you tried getting them back to their normal selves? No. Were the darwins kept indoors after you've collected them? Yes, but they lost their colours within hours. Ever tried putting them outdoors? No.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back