Calling all vegetarians/vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you have declared yourself a vego, I wouldn't trust with a GREEN. Isn't it what you guys eat?

Since you have declared yourself a vego, I wouldn't trust with a GREEN. Isn't it what you guys eat?
BAHAHAHA love it :)

Kristy, what is nice, is SOME can debate and not take it to heart SADLY unlike like some sensitive snot blowing I feel you are abusing me types ....
Now, I am going to remove the knives from my back ,and settle down with a drink ;)

We'll share a steak sanga at the next catch-up, RBB, and a wine.... underneath the romantic glow of biodynamic LEDs to make up for the juicy, tasty meat ;)

Michael can join us and drop off the GREENS, just for some healthy balance :lol:

Alot of abbotoirs actually slice the tendons on the feet of cattle so they can't "run" BEFORE they get shot in the head with metal bolts. Cause otherwise, how hard would it be to run around after a paddock of sheep or cows with a fancy gun in hand?
It's absolutely terrible and inhumane, not as quick as people would like to think.

This made me lol SO much.. perhaps someone should do a little more research on abattoirs before making such statements. I worked in a (sheep) abattoir for a few years.. it's about as humane as is possible! There's not a whole lot of suffering going on.. and certainly no slaughtermen running around paddocks chasing panicking sheep with bolts through their skull!

Speaking of which.. in Europe, peaple even eat horses - and it's quite tasty too. A true tartar is made from horse meat, not beef. Haven't seen any horse meat being sold here though.

Horse meat is now being sold at a particular butcher over in WA... Gourmet horse meat on the menu in WA

A FB page of people who are trying to stop it... STOP the sale of horse meat for human consumption in WA! | Facebook

Good luck to you LadyJ.. It's an interesting path to take but as long as you are happy about your choice why not try it? Worst you can do is fail and have to go back to eating beautiful chuncks of delicious meat... mmmmm *drools*

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to bring up the horse meat issue...

I really really want to try eating horse. My girlfriend is Swedish, they do have unusual taste in foods - but they eat horse all the time (it's common).

But what an outcry on the 'eating horse' issue... What the???

That butcher received death threats.... WHY???

From a hardcore vegetarian point of view I'd say all butchers deserve the death penalty... But what is this butcher doing that's not already being done in most of western civilisation?

Apparently it's low fat, tender, tasty.

Now as far as a vegetarian would go - they would choose not to eat it - fair enough (their choice and all)... But why the really huge outcry on eating horse?

It is noted horse already feeds our cats and dogs... horse is already slaughtered for glue, gelatine etc... So why can't we eat it as well???

Horse meat is now being sold at a particular butcher over in WA... Gourmet horse meat on the menu in WA

A FB page of people who are trying to stop it... STOP the sale of horse meat for human consumption in WA! | Facebook

Good luck to you LadyJ.. It's an interesting path to take but as long as you are happy about your choice why not try it? Worst you can do is fail and have to go back to eating beautiful chuncks of delicious meat... mmmmm *drools*

Oh my god... I can't believe people get so easily upset by the prospect of horse meat yet will sit down at their tables and wolf down a steak... sentience is sentience and horses aren't some kind of 'higher being'. Hell, if farmed and killed in a manner I see as humane I would LOVE to try it, always have! The Facebook group was an entertaining read...

Haha, but anyway, thanks for the support and good luck - I'll need it... and don't you dare tempt me with delicious meat... I'm going to die without my McDonalds! :lol:

The main problem was he was first going to be buying from dogger sales over there ('apparently') and it was a worry as most of those horses are pumped full of chemicals throughout their life which dont leave their systems and are harmful to humans (why pet food places use them is beyond me so i just dont buy there brands).
Then most came to their senses and realised that this would not happen so now it's just the people who think horses have a right to live/ are able to be used for better purposes who are unhappy.

There was also mention about the way in which the horses would be slaughtered as well... It was apparently not as simple as the bolt to the head trick and horse people got very cranky. There will be a protest there soon though.. not sure of the date yet but will be interesting, people are flying over and horses being involved etc.

The hardest part is the hangovers with no Whopper with cheese to make me better... Tofu burger is just not the same :((((

eggs are better for a hangover anyhow - and so long you're ok with them - they'll do the job...

Egg with pita bread crispy soldiers served with a side of powerade...

Pita bread crispy soldiers are easy and I use wholemeal pita breads and that's very vego...

Brush both sides of a pita bread with macadamia or olive oil, add seasoning, I love the Masterfoods Thai seasoning. Use a pizza slice to make the soldiers (thin - about 2cm wide strips). Bake at 220'C for 6 minutes or until crisp...

Boil 2 - 3 eggs (I use the method where water is already hot - and then add the eggs (room temperature already) and turn down the water to about half and let them go for exactly 6 minutes - funny, the same time it takes the pita bread - time it right and they're all ready at the same time).

dip your pita bread crispy soldiers in the soft boiled egg and enjoy... Filling, healthy, did I mention vegetarian?

Use this for hangover - it works better than a maccas or HJs terrible meal... Plus it's vegetarian (if eggs are ok with you).

Sorry, I want to justify my last statement from a reputable website :)

Eggs

Eating eggs the morning after provides energy like any other food, which is the primary benefit. But eggs do also contain large amounts of cysteine, the substance that breaks down the hangover-causing toxin acetaldehyde in the liver's easily depleted glutathione. Therefore, eggs can potentially help mop up the left-over toxins.

Source Discovery Health "How Hangovers Work"

Mmm, Slim, I think you've just restored my faith! Putting that recipe away for breakfast! :D

Actually I discovered a weird thing (fluke!). Next time you're really drunk eat a cheese sandwich before you go to sleep/pass out. Everytime I do that I wake up with no hangover no matter how much I drink. Sounds stupid but it works for me haha.

For hangovers the 1st step is not getting overly dehydrated (avoid straight spirits and no water or beer in between), 2nd step is rehydrating and 3rd step is drinking beer when you wake up(energy and brings you back to 'nice' drunk state). Valium before crashing also helps, but im not sure why or if its healthy and drugs are bad. Being 16-17yo also seemed to work for a while.

Thank you for your, err, suggestions? Haha, I'll have to try and remember those next time I decide to have some fun! Reminds me of some parties a year or so back with my boyfriend at the time... his ma had the job of "hydrating" us and we'd all be forced to drink insane amounts of water before we were permitted to sleep! It worked... too bad I was up everyone 5 minutes going to the bathroom. ;)

we'd all be forced to drink insane amounts of water before we were permitted to sleep!
That's definitely the best prevention against hangover.
The guys were looking a bit strange at me at my buck's night, when after god knows how many drinks I started to drink water instead of alcoholic beverages - but I had no hangover the next day. :)

no my mate works at a abbators they walk down a narrow lane thing and a thing comes up from below and lifts them up from under belly and there head goes between something and a bolt comes down through the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back