Bearded dragon... drinking stratergy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LadyJ

Just watched a video on Youtube of a woman 'educating' about bearded dragons (with a real ugly bearded dragon...) and she explained how in arid deserts of Australia (yeah, yanks) when the bearded dragon wants to drink they wait until it rains and then they flatten out (similar to basking I'd imagine) and collect water on their backs - like a dish. Then, they lean forward and the water apperently drips into the sides of their mouths.

:|

Yeah....they wait along time between drinks then, hope they have a back up plan for when it doesn't rain.

They also strap little water bottles to their backs to fill up... this adaptation allows them to collect even MORE water AND save it for later! :rolleyes:

I think i saw something like that but they were refering to Moloch horridus. I think she might be mixed up between the two.

They also strap little water bottles to their backs to fill up... this adaptation allows them to collect even MORE water AND save it for later! :rolleyes:

Ahahahahaha!!!! I just got the funniest image in my head!

Haha, thanks for the responses guys! Must admit I was bit worried she might have been on to something... but seriously, little dragons collecting water on their backs and somehow drinking it from there?! I'll make sure to link the vid when I get home (synergy has made sure to block Youtube... darn) and then we can all enjoy the quality viewing! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back