Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raelett

Reaction score
Hey i just need some advice on my 2yr water python..
He is just coming out of hybanation and hhe looks like he is in pain he keeps his mouth open a bit and i caan't find any info on this at all he his housed with his female companion whome is not showing any signs of having the same thing i have put a heat lamp over him to try and see if that helps he has his hrs i wouldnt saay it would be his days but im beside myself on what could be wrong with him .. he does aslo curl up and make it look like he is going to regegate something but doesnt i know they can get a pariste while hibanting but i would just like some inside ....

Attachments

• 01092010385.jpg
    01092010385.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 79
Sounds suspiciously like a respiratory infection which is best treated initially by making sure it is kept at a the correct temperature, then very importantly, getting it to the vet for some antibiotics.
In my experience a WP with a RI could benefit by not being allowed to get too much colder than 29degrees with the warm end of the cage at about 33degrees.
This often is most easily done by transferring the animal to a fairly small enclosure to get the tight thermal gradient.
Good luck.
Anthony

Whatever is wrong with it,
Vet advice is most important.

not sure what it is mate but whoa! when was the last time that water was changed?

Yes gapping mouth and appearance of trying to cough/regurgitate sound exactly like my experiences with R.I
Id be off to the vet as those are usually advanced signs of R.I imo cheers

why would you turn its heating off completely if its in captivity for?
only causes problems

yes years ago, i tryed the american way of no heat over winter and lost a diamond to R.I these days i know better and no heat at night is more then enough for brumation.

Sounds suspiciously like a respiratory infection which is best treated initially by making sure it is kept at a the correct temperature, then very importantly, getting it to the vet for some antibiotics.
In my experience a WP with a RI could benefit by not being allowed to get too much colder than 29degrees with the warm end of the cage at about 33degrees.
This often is most easily done by transferring the animal to a fairly small enclosure to get the tight thermal gradient.
Good luck.
Anthony

Hey mate...Leaning towards RI aswell...same thing happend to a mate of mine...with the mouth open to breathe...what about his tounge are the forks sticking togerher? Good that he is not blowing bubbles out of nose or anything like that!
I would go to a good herp vet...they took my mates for about 3-4days had him a tank with a humidifier etc.. dont wont to go into a full detailed half a page but it did the trick with my mates python and he is now 100% fine and is thriving!
So I would be taking him to a good herp vet who has seen RI before and treated them!
All the best with it mate..keep us posted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back