Who Has Been Ripped On E-Bay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibblore

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My partner & I are so delighted to have had the privlage to have had our first purchase off ebay last week. As we were un packing our order of brand new kids clothes for our daugther, that were ment to be all brand names like dora, ossh kosh, barbie and so forth. We have recived 1 piece of good clothing that we orded and the rest is old stock form target or VINNIES. Hence I am not impressed 1 bit and want my money back, but i was told that 1 piece matched the add so what am i complaining about and they see no promlem with what they sent! What would you guys do?

Have you submitted your complaint to Ebay? Who told you that you should be happy that one item matched the ad? The sellers?

You may not get a refund unfortunately, but you can have the sellers barred from Ebay if your complaint is found to be justified.

Michelle

Defiantely make a complaint! If it's not what you ordered then why not.

If you payed via paypal then you can open a dispute on their aswell and most likely get your money back. =) Paypal are usually pretty good with that.

I will be leaving feed back after they reslove the matter one way or another, Yea shells its was the seller that told mei should be happy they even said that it was an old stock photo and they dont take regular pics to update.

i bought massive macaw kings cage 2nd hand ( well known brand in the USA the rolls royce of bird cages ) paid 500 for it, and not only did it not resemble the description of it being in excellent condition , there were numerous problems with it. Also bought a bird aviary that was in poor condition. Id never buy large pricey items withouts inspecting them first and since that experience i have been a lot more careful.I have also won some absolute bargains on ebay .

I was ripped of 160 bought a phone and didnt receive it send negative feedback then open a case with ebay and you can request the sellers details

My partner & I are so delighted to have had the privlage to have had our first purchase off ebay last week. As we were un packing our order of brand new kids clothes for our daugther, that were ment to be all brand names like dora, ossh kosh, barbie and so forth. We have recived 1 piece of good clothing that we orded and the rest is old stock form target or VINNIES. Hence I am not impressed 1 bit and want my money back, but i was told that 1 piece matched the add so what am i complaining about and they see no promlem with what they sent! What would you guys do?
Did they actually specify that all the pieces would be those particular brand names? (Dora, Osh Kosh, Barbie). If the ad went something along the lines of 'A selection of items from our stock which includes brands such as Barbie, Dora, Osh Kosh' then they've kinda been clever about it but I think technically they're allowed to do that as they didn't guarantee you anything. (I've seen a whole bunch of ads like that!) But if they outright said you would recieve only those brands and then sent the others, you're entitled to your money back. I hope you manage to get it back regardless, they've misled the buyer. Goodluck!

I bought a 32Gb SD HC class 6 card from Hong Kong for $50.00 recently thinking that I would save some money as the ones from my local supplier were around $180.00. Well I got ripped off, but the wife made a claim through paypal and after sending the card back at our expense we received our money back.
Apparently the seller did this to hundreds of people with simalar items as well as Ipods etc, he has been banned from ebay.

A few years ago I bought a bracelet from Hong Kong, worth about $40...it arrived but not the right size....I sent it back for a replacement, but didn't receive anything back. I complained several times and made a bad comment on their site and then they "disappeared" so that was that.....never heard anything again. :-( However, I bave bought several things from eBay, especially from Hong Kong and have had no trouble at all. I think I was just unlucky with that one bad experience.

I purchase and sell things on ebay all the time. When paying for an item I use paypal, as they have buyer protection.

My husband absolutly loves Ebay and has purchased alot of products. most of the time it has been
great but a few things were just crap. a laptop arrived and the first thing we noticed was that the
charger wasnt with it so we e mailed the seller and she said she forgot and would post it out that
day. 2 weeks later it arrived so we pluged it all in and surprise,surprise it didnt even work! the laptop
was stuffed. I confronted seller in e mail she said that she actually never even turned it on herself
it was given to her. ripped off! she never mentioned that in the ad said it worked well. she refused
to refund so I left her really bad feedback. there are some great bargains on e bay but with some
things you really do get what you pay for.

if you paid via paypal open a dispute but it takes just over a month to get a end result unless the seller resolves before hand

I love ebay I have saved thousands of dollars. Only use paypal and know prices
Open a dispute with ebay and paypal you will get your money back

The person has not responded to my email today saying that she will be hearing from my solictor if she does not refund my money and take these rags back. By the sounds of it ebay is just a place for people to get bent over and lined up! I will be sticking to buying from company's I can trust.

well i personaly love love love ebay .... have only ever had a couple issues with one or two things and have always found sellers to be poilet and helpful ....

My partner bought a calcium reactor for his fish tank, it arrived in a box with no protective padding.
It came in pieces, he lodged a complaint and was refunded his money after he sent it back.
You should be able to resolve this.

I bought the set of buzz, woody, jessie and bullseye from toy story off ebay, when it arrived jessie's head was broken off, bullseyes leg was about to fall off and buzz didn't have his wings at all. Seller tried to tell me buzz never had wings (yet there was very clearly a spot where they used to be), they didn't notice bullseye's leg so it wasn't their problem and that Jessie was in tact when they left so it wasn't their problem.
I had registered post, so first I took it to Aust. Post who, after an inspection, said it wasn't their problem as it had not been packed properly, and I made sure I got a written statement off them as proof.
I contacted the seller again, and she said she would give me $20 for Jessie, as I paid $80 for the set, which I said wasn't good enough.
Ended up having to go through paypal, which found in my favour and I got a full refund.
However, one of the first times I used Ebay, The seller was GREAT...bought a $2 picture of her, and ended up with heaps of stuff for real cheap/free

it's very simple make contact with the seller saying what's wrong- you don't need to jump up and down at them simply state what's wrong and that you will be opening a complaint. then open a complaint via ebay/paypal and state your case with them. the great thing about paypal is they will in the vast majority of cases side with the buyer not the seller. if you kept the packaging all you need to do to put everything back in, cross out your address and write RETURN TO SENDER on it and put it back in the mail and the seller will just have to absorb the cost of postage to you (when you make your claim claim ALL of what you gave them inc postage not just the item cost). don't bugger around just go straight through paypal

I recently discovered that after purchasing an item on ebay and using paypal the seller published all of my personal details on the internet.... after google searching my email address anyone can now find my name, address, phone number and my purchase history... ebay were no help in the matter. I would suggest you google search your name and email address if you're an ebayer and see what people publish about you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back