Help! Prolem with MD!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalCollector6

Reaction score
G'day, I was checking my Murray Darling last night and noticed she was rubbing her jaw on pieces of wood and yawning frequently, this behaviour has now stopped, but i don't want to see it again! Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it if it restarts? I've already checked for mites etc. and found nothing, I even opened her mouth to see if it were some sort of infection or something but everything seemed normal. I also pondered on whether or not she was rubbing because she is soon to shed, but this isn't the case.
If anyone knows what might be causing this, other symptoms (if it's not normal), and what I can do about it I would be very thankful!!

cheers.​

my bredli was doing the same thing after a feed, he was adjusting his jaw because it wasn't straight after he hit a rat so hard lol. all fine after that 10mins later I checked

might be geting ready to shed , some of my snakes rub there head against anything and every thing .

might be geting ready to shed , some of my snakes rub there head against anything and every thing .

Thats what I was thinking...the yawning to help stretch the sking around face and nose...

keep us posted :)

well i hadn't fed her in a while, so unless she was just adjusting her jaw for the fun of it, and its still a while till she sheds, her eyes havn't gone milky either yet.

i know you don't think its a shed but i think it could be as my female maccie does it quite a bit leading up to a shed.. they usually do it to break the skin so they can start to peel it off...

about the yawning ive seen both my snakes yawn on various occassions for no apparent reason at all lol but they also do it after their feed to relocate their jaw as they dislocate it to eat

My MD yawns quite frequently... for no apparent reason. I have been trying to get pictures of it for the last 6 months coz its just sooo adorable but she's too quick and random with the yawning. She also will quite often slither onto my hand and rest her head on my thumb... this is my hint to give her a little scratch under the chin. Weird snake I have, I know but oh well lol!! So in reply to the original post, it's not something to worry about and therefore not something that you need to stop her from doing.

my Md loves a little rub under the chin as well.. i have a few photos of yawns..

what are you using as substrate?...I've had a couple of occasions after my guy has had a drink a bit of substrate sticks to his mouth so he drags his head along the bowl or viv wall to get it off, freaked me out until I figured what was going on

what are you using as substrate?...I've had a couple of occasions after my guy has had a drink a bit of substrate sticks to his mouth so he drags his head along the bowl or viv wall to get it off, freaked me out until I figured what was going on

Kitty litter, it's possible she could have smelt something on some, or for some reason got some in her mouth.

Thanks to everyone who has helped! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back