Lucky me!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alldone

Reaction score
Thought I'd do the right thing today & clean out the hatchie enclosures of my bredli & my son's diamond.

Took out my beloved bredli - who is laying in his hidey hole in his own poop, (which he's obviously done today as it wasn't there yesterday) to change his paper & I see that his eyes are super cloudy and he seems really nervy - obviously coming up to shed. I try to be quiet & have no sudden movements, but apparently he is still not happy with that coz he bit me. I put him back, cursing myself for not noticing that he was in shed earlier - though that said, I would have had to change his paper anyway - I wasn't going to leave him in his own crap. I apologise for disturbing him & put him back in his clean enclosure. Poor baby boy.

So then I take out the diamond (who has never bitten to date) to change his paper. I am expecting him to be his normal docile self, but obviously I startled him coz he bit me too!

Yay for me!!!! Must be my lucky day - two nips from two different snakes in one day :lol: Gotta love the snakey babies! :lol:

I love that you apologised to him :)

Wearing different deodorant or perfume today? Or just been doing stuff with washing powder? Have found that to bug my snakes in the past. But you're probably right - just being cranky babies :) At least you're not taking it personally!

Hey ,sounds like your really enjoying yourself with these little fellas. You`ve come a long way from your first post.

mmm... I always... ALWAYS... tap my snakes with my snake hook lol... That way they don't freak on me. In the wild, an animal grabbing them out of no where means certain death for these guys. So make sure they know it's you lol. IA tap with the snake hook will also let you know if they feel like being touched.

I hope the bite wasn't too bad lol.

mmm... I always... ALWAYS... tap my snakes with my snake hook lol... That way they don't freak on me. In the wild, an animal grabbing them out of no where means certain death for these guys. So make sure they know it's you lol. IA tap with the snake hook will also let you know if they feel like being touched.

I hope the bite wasn't too bad lol.

Good tip for the future! I bet it will be heaps useful when I get my little jungle hatchie! The bites weren't bad at all - just gave me a shock more than anything. I just felt bad that I'd given them such a shock.

Hey ,sounds like your really enjoying yourself with these little fellas. You`ve come a long way from your first post.

Having an absolute ball Norm! Never thought I'd turn into such a lover of reptiles.

You have been well and truly initiated! :lol:

Michelle

Having an absolute ball Norm! Never thought I'd turn into such a lover of reptiles.

isn't it amazing how quick we get hooked :)

... wait until you tell them off like naughty 2yo's when they give you a cranky nip or for making a mess 2 minutes after you cleaned up.....

yea, im a big fan of the hooks.. i have one for each snake. if i approach and one is jumpy ,i just grab the hook and then they are fine. they were both introduced to the hook from day one, every time i handled them i would sit at the table, with a towel and the hook, and really let them discover it.. i belive they are not frightened at all and are very comfortable with the hook.

well martinsmum good to hear your enjoying your snakes we all get bitten from time to time just as well doesnt hurt when there little hooks are good I just use a forked branch works ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back