Feeding my juvie bredli?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ladyJ, i feed all mine (bredli) in their enclosure. they only get fed at night which is a natural feeding time for the morelias. i have done this with all my critters and it works fine. during the day no cage opening relates to feeding so they are pussycats. night time, different story. my most placid snakes would probably tag me if i were to attempt a cuddle at nighttime. hope this helps. Clint

Aah - thanks a bunch! Sounds logical to me, I think I'll follow this. Enclosure's all set up and stocking up on some food for him... can't wait! :)

Bredli are very arborial [given the chance] l have my hatchies in 20 litre tubs [tall] with perches in them from day dot when they are on their perch [branch] at night.... they will eat its their natural style, l have my adults in floor to ceiling enclosures and they are the same...on a branch at night "wammie" nothing better than to see them hanging from a branch eating a fresh killed rat and at around 3 meters and 9-10 kgs mine have eaten a few solar 17 [Baden]

When I bought my first python was told to feed them in a seprate container but now have multiple snakes I just feed them in there own containers Ive found no advantage of using sepreate containers you can offer your new pet chicks but then may not accept anything else

I don't understand how people who feed in seperate tubs say that it helps with their temperament. Feed in your enclosure, less stress for the animal. You wouldn't want to move either if your belly was full of food.

agreed mate, i've found some of my snakes wont feed in tubs.

i'm yet to have any problems feeding my snakes in enclosures

Excellent, didn't want to mess around with my guy too much, especially when I first have him... he's got what I think to be a nice sized enclosure with a large branch and log to scale. Hopefully he'll enjoy it (might post a picture and ask for opinions soon... I think it looks a lot like a lizard enclosure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back