Thailand...?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

da_donkey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ive just retired (untill november) and was just gonna bum around and surf, play lawn bowls and train at the gym.

But now im thinking i might go spend a month in Thailand, i have never been there before.
Im not that interested in the normal tourist stuff but would love to get out into the wild a bit do some rock climbing, herping, diving etc.

Any info would be great

donks

id suggest going to koh tao for sure im here at the moment, the diving is just amazing seen a whale shark today among many other things small and big.
there is alot of monitors around the island and so far have seen about 5 or 6 snakes have no idea what they were other then one which was a viper of some sort.
then theres geckos literally every where at night.
another place you could try is chang rai it way up in the nw corner of thailand aparently it some breath taking scenery.
but id also try around krabi in the south for rock climbing but you can also do adventure sports on koh tao and its very quite here during the day and if you want to party hard during the night you still can.
if you want to know anything else just let us know.

thats sounds awesome!!! what kind of coin are you spending staying there?

Heading over to Thailand in three weeks. Cant wait!

Hey donks, i noticed you work in Hamilton Island. Ill speak to a friend of mine and find out where he works over there.
If your job is anything like his, I am very jealous of you!

jump the border and head to cambodia.better & heaps cheaper a fraction of the price of thailand these days with plenty to offer.bum out at Sihanoukville,a little beachside town that was like Phuket 20 years ago.they have a fantastic place called "the snake house" there with a good collection there.
also do the obvious stuff like the amazing ankor wat temples,seam reap,phenom phen and bokor hill station.
cheers
simon

Khao yai is Thailands oldest national park and is meant to be fantastic (though never got to go when we were there). It's about 200k from Bangkok

on average with all accomidation, food, drinks and transportation im spending around $60 to $80 per day but in that said you can easily live comfortable on $40 per day.
Khao yai was nice but for me its just another national park not anything breath taking compared to koh tao once you get up on some of the look outs for the sun sets is just jaw dropping but theres way to much in south east asia to recommend them all once you find out what you want to do then you can work your way around that plan.
Cambodia is alot cheaper then thailand but its not the nicest of places to be for alot of reason i wont go into that discussion now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back