spotlighting?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooglabah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm looking for some new spotlighting grounds.
i had a disagreement with the owner of the last property about shooting a RBB we caught in the spotlight and refuse to go back to the property.

that aside, any of you fellow herpers out there with farms and bunnies/foxes let me know and perhaps i can come up and you can meet me.

not asking for properties straight away... i know its a trust thing, so just to come up on a weekend and get to know each other and take it from there... i'll bring beer:)

i have my own 4wd ute with spotlights, i'm a licensed shooter and an SSAA member.

i have been exposed to guns and hunting my whole life and started being taught how to shoot at a young age. now I shoot down at the range every weekend I can and go out varminting and spotlighting as often as possible, i'm just starting to get into bigger game and am in the process of organising my first state forest hunt, for fallow deer and goat.

i got my first gun 2 years ago (previously being taught how to hunt and shoot so wasn't allowed to buy one until my godfather was happy with my level of skill/responsibility).

i now own 2x .22's 1x .222 remington (varminting gun) and a lee enfield mk III no. 2 in .303 british (deer gun).

i have a hunting partner i take on every hunt with me, for safety and because he is one of the few people i trust enough to take.

so that in mind i'd love to hear from anybody interested.

just pm me or respond here.

thanks muchly
sam

only thing i can suggest is just go have chat to the local farmers, most don't mind you shooting foxes bunnies. worst you can deal with is being told to piss off.

pub is always a good start too

I would like to know more about the RBB issue

hey how much bigger is a .222 to .22 cause i think the .22 is around the 35-40gm and the .222 is like 50 isnt it so wouldnt be to much bigger ..

lol if u were up here id say come to the farm we have 100 acres foxes feral cats and alot of bunnies we do a bit of whistling there

we have a hundred acres to but like the neighbor we have like a combined property around about 500 acres but like he hunts and soon im gonna hunt ,just bunnies and maybe dear ..

we have a hundred acres to but like the neighbor we have like a combined property around about 500 acres but like he hunts and soon im gonna hunt ,just bunnies and maybe dear ..
jus remember to always leave the biggest stag lol

lol well we have heaps of them hahaha just 2 nights ago there was 4 big bucks with like mtr antlers but we had no gun ;)

The .222 is actually the same projectile as a .22 slight differance In shape and somtimes a little heavier, but the big differance is the case.
A .22 has a case about 15mm long where as a .222 is a much bigger case, so in short your standard .22 round travels at about 1280 fps where as a .222rem will travel at about 3800+ fps

H wanted me to shoot the snake I refused, then je wanted me to let him shoot it I refused, he cracked the sads I left the next morning.

well in mate i cant believe some people im sure all of us would have done the same thing.

and hey australia is a big place with plenty of farms, you will always be welcome at ours if your in the byron bay reigon

o hey thanks yeah i notice what u mean about the case thanks for that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats heaps appreciated if Im ever up your way i will send you a pm to arrange something.
in the mean time however i really need some victorian properties.

When I was down your way I just went for a drive and asked about. Many knockbacks but a few said yes.....a few is all you need. Good luck and good on you for being staunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back