Complete BS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steppo94

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone was watching rescue special ops 2nite on channel 9, but a guy just suffered a venomous snake bite from what looks to be an olive python. I'm sick of the media negatively portraying snakes, yet alone a python being portrayed as venomous. it just makes ppl fear snakes more :evil:

I see what your saying, but there not going to use a deadly snake, they use pythons, much safer and still look scary, to an untrained eye..
I just saw it, and thought the same thing as you for a second though..

Its because its easier and far safer to film a scene with a python rather than the real deal.

it sucks when you are so inlove with snakes and everyone else hates them
but thats the way it is i guess lots of people dont like snakes.
i wounder without people like us snakes might not even be around today !

Didn't see it - but saw Crocodile Dundee - they used a king brown in that.... possibly rubber... but never the less, still a king brown....

I saw something similar on "7pm project" (or something like that)
a guy probably in his 20's was on trying to dispell some myths about
reptiles etc etc.. apparently he was a bit of an expert.
Repeatedly showed a Eastern brown as a King brown/Mulga was very
educational.

*to be fare he probably had nothing to do with the choice of images

Last edited:
would of liked to see that one australis

i love it when they have snake shows on tv no need to wait for youtube to load because i have quite bad intenet reception haha

I saw something similar on "7pm project" (or something like that)
a guy probably in his 20's was on trying to dispell some myths about
reptiles etc etc.. apparently he was a bit of an expert.
Repeatedly showed a Eastern brown as a King brown/Mulga was very
educational.

Mate, you should see some of the demonstrators. King Browns that regularly exceed 3.5 metres, brown snakes chasing them biting at their kneecaps, 11 foot Taipans...

LOL belive it or not, but when i was selling off most of my collection a few months back a lady got my details from a add and rang me asking if i had an olive python and a free day so it could be used in a tv show in sydney lol, this must have been it. i thought it was some stranger being a wierdo hahahahaha, she specifically said it had to be a olive.

Dunno if anyone was watching rescue special ops 2nite on channel 9, but a guy just suffered a venomous snake bite from what looks to be an olive python. I'm sick of the media negatively portraying snakes, yet alone a python being portrayed as venomous. it just makes ppl fear snakes more :evil:

Yeah i understand that obviously they aren't gonna use vens with ppl, but at least they could have used some trick photograpy or changed the story a bit or sumtin. But either way its still gonna create drama, which is what the producers want

steppo are you a vegetarian????

Na, i'm not, i just love animals. dunno if that makes me a hypocrite lol

That scene was filmed in Lane Cove NP up on the Pen. Hills side. I was fortunate enough to be supervising the film crew on that day. The choice of snake to use wasnt that surprising, they did at least 10 takes of it at many different angles. The strangest thing that did happen was they fired the flare too early and an inbound plane had to divert from its path (for some reason they just didnt want to wait till its had gone pass or thought it wouldn't affect the plane). Within 20 mins a police chopper was buzzing over the site and a patrol car was coming in the fire trail. Appears not everyone got the notifications from the network, although was approved. We regularly have them filming in Lane Cove NP, its interesting seeing the behind the scenes and how it comes together. Actually we only had them filming a few scenes just last week.

I dont see the issue, after all it is a fictional show
Besides, people who cant identify snakes correctly should be treating them as deadly anyway

I dont see the issue, after all it is a fictional show
Besides, people who cant identify snakes correctly should be treating them as deadly anyway

I agree totally on this one. Better than mistaking a ven for a harmless snake and wounding up in hospital or dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back