Is this too big???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I forgot to mention that too. but by the looks of it I think he's gonna do it anyway. lol

lol I forgot to mention that too. but by the looks of it I think he's gonna do it anyway. lol

By the looks of things, you're right. Hopefully he thinks twice about it though, and looks into it a little more.

If not, I think our friend here will become well acquainted with Scale Rot and RI soon enough..

By the looks of things, you're right. Hopefully he thinks twice about it though, and looks into it a little more.

If not, I think our friend here will become well acquainted with Scale Rot and RI soon enough..

fingers crossed? mine are ;)

Looks amazing mate, top work. Just might not be best for this species of snake, would look mint for a few water dragons :)

It looks great, and I'm sure you thought it would be awesome for your snake. Stimmies don't cope too well with a lot of humidity (from what I've read) though and so maybe a much less humid and drier enclosure would be suitable. Awesome work though :)

great idea mate n its looking good :D

now, ignore what these ignorant people are sayin who gives a ******* what their opinions are if they're not gonna be constructive about it. what they are trying to get at is that a waterfall with a stimmie isn't going to mix too well. your waterfall would much better suit the needs of perhaps some tree frogs or something as such (experts help me out). by having a stimmie in there with the waterfall will hugely increase your chances of having the wrong environment that your stimmie needs and as a result will leave it susceptible for a number of diseases and infections...

i hope this helps mate

now a note to the know it alls who would rather jus rip on him then actually help. u should be ashamed of yourselves and im glad i didn't run into to any of u guys when i got into keeping reptiles!

now, ignore what these ignorant people are sayin who gives a ******* what their opinions are if they're not gonna be constructive about it.

Before calling other people ignorant, I'd look it up in a dictionary first and learn to use it in the correct context ;)

any way back on track!

Maybe get some frogs, water skinks,, angle heads, tree snakes or something similar.
Best bet would be frogs angles heads as they are easy as hell to get!

Last edited:
haha i meant arrogant its late lol i dont mean to offend anyone i jus think its a little harsh to rip on someone and then not even try and help which is what this site is all about

haha i meant arrogant its late lol i dont mean to offend anyone i jus think its a little harsh to rip on someone and then not even try and help which is what this site is all about

All good - I think I came across as harsh, but it just gets frustrating when people have no idea how to care for their animals. Probably should have given my advice in a more constructive manner.

i know its not right to house a stimmie i with a water fall but no one has helped just abused him lol.

stimmies are a dessert species and need little water mate and there is next to no humidity where they live. it looks great and all but your snake will become very sick very quick, as everyone is trying to say please do not use the water fall maybe still build it and look at getting a gtp, frogs, or tree snakes as jannico has stated

I helped! ;) I even got melisa to agree that we all should cross our fingers for the poor snake!

maybe you could constuctively point out why his suggestion won't work or suggest how it could be improved, or do you like to keep your knowledge to yourself ! !

well, i thought this was constructive, someone else had already pointed out it wasnt a good idea,
If you get a moment please look at my posts, i think you will find i help more than enough people in a positive and constructive manner
i also made it clear in a roundabout way that it wasnt a good idea by making my post. Sorry i didnt see your post,

Lets make it clear, please dont put the waterfall in the enclosure you will kill the snake.
Please research or ask questions, people here are more than willing to help, me included

oh and byron moses,

you said in the very first reply post

looks great top job but what are the dimensions of the waterfall

and then said

i know its not right to house a stimmie i with a water fall but no one has helped just abused him lol.

u also did nothing to help but fault others for not doing so.

Last edited:
I think it looks like a heap of broken foam bits stuck together with gap filling foam. Apart from the unsuitability for a Stimson's Python, it looks bloody awful. Put it in the garden if you want to be a sculptor, not a reptile cage...

Jamie

I think it looks like a heap of broken foam bits stuck together with gap filling foam. Apart from the unsuitability for a Stimson's Python, it looks bloody awful. Put it in the garden if you want to be a sculptor, not a reptile cage...

Jamie
check out some of the 'Fake rock' threads, what you see here is just the beginning, not the end result

The general opinion is that Waterfalls and desert dwelling species isnt a good idea, maybe you could use the waterfall in a tree frog enclosure and come up with something more suitable for your stimmie ! Its a great idea for the right species though and looking good so far

Geesus, when did you all get so mean, i think it will look great once it's finished and sealed. I really hope you heed the warnings about the humidity though.
For those who seek to taunt, have you stopped to think that the important information - ie the humidity issue here - might actually be missed when the reader see's your nasty comment and stops reading there.... you should be ashamed of yourselves, support the hobby and the hobbiest and if you can't do that, do nothing at all...
Cheers
Angel

OK angelrose, I'l withhold judgement until it's complete. I'm currently building and installing a 15m long x 3.5m high artificial rock cave using those materials at the Mowanjum Community art centre near Derby, WA. I understand the materials very well, having used them for the last 30-40 years, but I can't understand the 'looking great mate' comments at this stage. It looks like what it is, just as my work does before it's completed. To fabricate something like that, to make it waterproof and strong, requires a very good understanding of the limitaions of the materials.

It looks as though it will be impossibly fragile and very heavy if some sort of cementitious grout is used to 'hold it together'. A huge amount will be needed to fill and contour it, and if the foam is not itself well adhered, it will fall apart.

Yep, I'm blunt sometimes... but there is no greater advocate of the hobby than me.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back