Rat help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli-sli

Reaction score
hey their,
ive been using the normal kitty litter as a bedding for my rats,
ive been working for a cabinet maker,
would i be able to use the saw dust from malemine?
not sure on this one.....

what else can i use? cheap? free? easy?

cheers

saw dust gives them respiratory problems , if you use woodshavings they should be the ones that have the dust extracted.

i use shredded news paper, have a friend that works at a motel that collects the papers from each room for me and i got a $30 shredder from office works...now all it costs is a little time

News paper or shredded paper you can ask some offices in your area if they would give you their shredded paper as they just have to put it in the bin. Don't use the sawdust from the melamine it will not be any good for your rats may cause health problems. You can buy a bail of the sawdust at produce stores fairly cheaply and it lasts awhile depending how many rats you keep and how often you clean.

i use saw dust [ bail style ] cost $12 a bail and lasts me 2 months [ thats cleaning the tubs twice a week] and shredded paper [ just a cheap shredder]

oh , i though it was more than that? ill have to ring around abit more, cheers!

I use the woodshaving/sawdust that comes in a huge compressed bale for $14 from my local place last for ages as due to being compressed into a bale theres alot more then u think, this is animal grade bedding and ive used it for many years and never had a rat get ill from it, used paper when i first started breeding and found it began to smell alot faster and i find theres alot less smell with the sawdust and i use the soiled bedding on my garden and around trees as fertiliser mulch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back