Anyone play guitar?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to play bass a few years back. Had the Ibanez ATK. Brillaint bass, the new reissues aren't half as good as the older ones though.

I got out of the music game pretty much, but still play my Tanglewood acoustic a bit. Such a beautiful guitar.

These days I'd rather listen to music than to make it. I think working in studios tainted me from wanting to do anything band related.

You guys certainly have some amazing gear.

Been playing classical and doing my AMEB gradings for 15 years now. Mainly play classical but recently got a BC Rich Warlock as a present from my olds. Going to get some work done on that though because it sounds a bit funny.

Got some nice acoustics, cant remember many of them but one is a hand made Electa, made in japan during WWII so i dont think there is many left. Without a doubt, the most beautiful acoustic sound i have ever heard. The music that comes from that is unparrelleled. Got a 12 string from my old man as well. Havent been playing nearly as much as i'd like lately.

When i do play, mostly classical stuff, but i'll bust out some Lamb of God or such everynow and then, or acoustic it up with stairway to heaven and hotel california. Wish you were here by pink floyd sounds incredible on the 12 string.

Good to see some guitarists on here :) I have: Custom Jackson Christian Wolbers 7 string, ibanez rg7421, schecter 007 elite, ESP ltd fm408 8 string, ltd m200fm, ltd v50, ltd h1000 deluxe, Washburn dime 332 with dimebucker, Warwick corvette 5 string, Gene Simmons signature Cort bass, Samick 4 string bass. Running thru a Peavey 6505 head, Framus dragon 4x4 quad, my back up head is my Randall Dimebag Warhead X2, a Warwick head and quad box and a whole bunch of pedals.

View attachment 164268a few of mineView attachment 164267the slide i FOUND on the side of the road in someones rubbish, its a 58' guyatone lap steel slide guitar(square neck) the company closed in 69'.. great score.. the guys at my local guitar show were blown away that i found it. the acoustic on the left was given to my girlfriend its a 71' K.Yairi Japanese acoustic, apparently very rare aswell... i like delta blues & am about to buy a Regal RC2 single cone brass resonator guitar...

Last edited:
I have a Gibson new century explorer in chrome, an Epiphone ZW bullseye Les Paul with emg 81/85 active pickups and 20 db afterburner gain boost switch installed, all after market mods, also a custom craft jackson style guitar complete with floyd rose and flat based 24 fret neck. A laney lx120h head with 200 watt cabnit, and a pile of boss, zoom and digitech pedals.
Cant work out how to post pictures but ill keep trying

26087_1386369975982_1134022542_1182502_9319_n[1].jpg
26087_1385343110311_1134022542_1180658_7659985_n[1].jpg
26087_1385339510221_1134022542_1180653_7529593_n[1].jpg
worked it out, the picture of the Les Paul was before the mods, the pile of pedals has also increased a LOT

does anyone play lap steel/pedel steel guitar? im really interrested in finding someone that does.. [video=youtube;n27GpYJ_2Hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n27GpYJ_2Hs[/video]

My son is learning at the moment (acoustic). Can anyone point me in the right direction to find him some music on the net?

www.guitarmasta.net/ millions of song with TAB, very easy to learn, i played bass since i was 14 yo but now am learning guitar aswell(always been a thrasher & never learnt properly on guitar)

My son is learning at the moment (acoustic). Can anyone point me in the right direction to find him some music on the net?

ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 300,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs!

AZChords.com >>> Tablatures, Tabs, Chords for Guitar and Bass

i like both of these, im primarily a singer but have been playing guitar for nearly 10 years now. i play a lot of acoustic rock and my band is into more old school blues/rock. suprised there are so many metal heads on here, i only noticed one bloke bragging about a maton (granted i skimmed) which along with martin and cole clark were always the big 3 acoustic brands.

my current list is
mid-range ibanez something or other acoustic with cutaway and pickup
segovia eagle acoustic
epiphone 12 string acoustic with cutaway and pickup
maton EMC225
my first electric, the strat squire
and 2 ****ty classicals that have been lent out or left at parties and are, for all i know, gone forever
at my house we have a descent pearl drumkit with all the bells and whistles, 2 les pauls, an SG GT, a 60's reissue strat, an old teli, an 80W orange amp, and a 100W mesaboogie 4 channel amp with a vox multi effects pedal. along with a couple of vintage bases and amps and a fretless base.

Used to play bass a couple years back and started getting into a little bit of guitar. But yeah, not so keen these days.

Jannico: have you ever seen Xiaohe Shi play his Warwick Thumb 6 string? If not type "xiaohe shi bass tapping" into YouTube.. I cant link youtube from my iphone. Blows my mind haha

Have you heard Jean Baudin?
That dude is pretty much my idol, dont think there is anyone pushing the boudaries like him.
At least that I know of, if there is please tell!

Btw that Xiaohe guy is great! He has awesome right hand technique.

He plays the Mario bros song on the 11 string hey? The dudes nuts haha I'd kill to have the talent in his pinki. I'm actually trying to sell my 8 string guitar to fund a 6 string bass

the schectors are great.
I play all my shows and recordings with it.

He has an album as well.
It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back