Outrage at 'sick' killing of monster alligator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamNabz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Online commentators in the US have condemned the actions of an American woman after she killed a 465kg alligator in South Carolina.

Mary Ellen Mara-Christian, 48, made headlines across the US over the weekend as the 1.52m, 52kg woman who managed to kill a 4m alligator.

Published On: -
Source: 9 News

Go to Original Article

She said that she sees hunting as a form of population control and she kills alligators because she loves them.
"I hunt because I want these creatures to be here forever,"

Is this nutjob for real? I think you'll find if you stop killing them they might be around forever.

Over in the states they have 1 month a year where they can hunt a limited ammount of gators and they have been doing it since they settled there, its not such a huge difference to what we did with crocodiles years ago besides the fact it was hell for leather back then. I think the bigger question should we be looking at contolled culls in Australia??

She said that she sees hunting as a form of population control and she kills alligators because she loves them.
"I hunt because I want these creatures to be here forever,"

Didn't some renowned serial killer say that about his "girlfriends"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back