Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why ponder on about a OLIVE BITE ...If you really want to get a taste of what it could feel like ...meet someone that has water pythons ..almost got 100% chance that you will be BIT ;)
Sir, I'm afraid I must step in and defend the honour of my Water Pythons :lol:. But seriously all of mine have been dog tame.I handled them as juvies and they all turned out fine. My boy Boris will sit quietly on my arm while I am doing my homework. The only problem I ever had with them was getting the humidity right. There doesn't seem to be an in between with them though. Other owners of Water Pythons that I have either spoken to or read about will either say "they are so docile" or "they will rip my face off every time". Comes down to personal experience I guess. I for one have never owned a Jungle Carpet that wasn't a scourge to it's owner!:evil:

I'm a little excited about my next tag by something with a bit of size to it.... :lol: Is that just a tad masochistic? ;) Bring on the olives I reckon - your confidence will grow with them! Getting bitten heaps is a great way of getting over it!

Sir, I'm afraid I must step in and defend the honour of my Water Pythons :lol:. But seriously all of mine have been dog tame.I handled them as juvies and they all turned out fine. My boy Boris will sit quietly on my arm while I am doing my homework. The only problem I ever had with them was getting the humidity right. There doesn't seem to be an in between with them though. Other owners of Water Pythons that I have either spoken to or read about will either say "they are so docile" or "they will rip my face off every time". Comes down to personal experience I guess. I for one have never owned a Jungle Carpet that wasn't a scourge to it's owner!:evil:

This I second. I have a big (almost 7ft) male water python that is in fact the most placid snake I have. Not even is he cage protective, any time, any day he is happy to be handled. I have a juvenile female and she is also quite placid, but not as much as my large male. I also have Olives and again the male is placid, but the female is cranky. It does depend on individual snakes, and their circumstances at the time. Many do find "typical" behaviours associated with certain species, but this is a guide only and I have found much variation from this.

Ive been bitten by all my pythons and mostly they dont hurt. Only when they or you move and there still hanging on does it hurt as there cutting ure skin. A warning bite straight in and out is more like bugger. Hate it when they hang on and have to fill a bucket/bath to "drown" them to release there grip. Or that just me? Nailed by my 7 ft water 2 times last week. Mite feed him i think, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back