Woma no poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpb02

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Evening all I've got a juvi woma about 10 months old and he hasnt passed his food now for about 4 weeks he is still eating and handling fine. I was wondering if this is something I should be getting concerned about

I've tryed bathing him, taking him outside and massaging gently down his tummy.

He is feeding on one weaner rat every week or so.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Cheers, Matt

na seems 100% normal but i know he is packing some serious rat goo haha

Any ideas or should I just take him to a vet

mate both my wa womas for a long time refused to crap in their enclosures. they were very active, good temps, just refused to do it. take them out on the grass or just spread a pile of newspaper on the floor, 30 seconds later off they go.

i can't explain it, they crap like clock work now in the same setup. maybe go give them a little outside session.

yeah well ive had him outside a few times and he doesnt go, havnt put paper down tho, ill give that a go if this rain ****** off.

He should still be a while away from shedding but hey never know with him.

One of mine was going every 5 -7 days then all of a sudden went through a patch of 2-3 weeks then she is back to 5-7 days again......Funny things...no explination though!

cool well that is a little more reassuring, ill see how he goes over the next week or so, i will hold off on feeding him tho.

cheers for the help guys

My woma is holding on to its poo at the moment. It does big ones after it's shed. I'll take a pic and we can compare crap pictures? ;)

Haha I'll get a pic if he ever goes i have a feeling it might fill his enclosure

This morning he has done a big wee and a tiny poo like 5 cent piece size so I'm hoping something happens today

I look at these crap threads with disbelief - they're not human babies you know... snakes are designed to crap when THEY'RE ready, not like clockwork when YOU think they should. Humans have a constant body temperature and use heaps of energy even when at rest, so they crap a lot (some more than others...) compared to snakes. Reptiles manage their metabolism according to temperature, and they don't always choose to stay at what WE think are optimum temperatures, hence the variability of their digestion and elimination rates.

Dump your anxiety, and leave the snake to dump whatever it has to, whenver it suits the animal...

Jamie.

I look at these crap threads with disbelief - they're not human babies you know... snakes are designed to crap when THEY'RE ready, not like clockwork when YOU think they should. Humans have a constant body temperature and use heaps of energy even when at rest, so they crap a lot (some more than others...) compared to snakes. Reptiles manage their metabolism according to temperature, and they don't always choose to stay at what WE think are optimum temperatures, hence the variability of their digestion and elimination rates.

Dump your anxiety, and leave the snake to dump whatever it has to, whenver it suits the animal...

Jamie.

Hey mate, just a question. So when do you start worrying about constipation?

When you're constipated... not something I ever have to worry about...

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back