FATS Cane Toad study

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day all. I just received a call from Dr Arthur White tonight. I put my name down to volunteer to help out with looking for cane toads in the Taren Point area in southern Sydney. Looks like I'll be heading out on Wednesday night 8)

Is anyone else involved in the study/round up?

FYI this isn't a toad slaughter, so put your whacking sticks away :p

Thats an interesting location to be searching for them, have many been sighted in the region?

Thats an interesting location to be searching for them, have many been sighted in the region?

A small population has taken hold and has been breeding within a small area of the Shire, it is possible that it may spread to a near by N.P. where there is a population of Bell Frogs and other critters they will impact on.

Perhaps you should read page 18 of last weeks (sept 11) issue of New Scientist....

Let's just say, and I bet JasonL agrees, many of us go so overboard with our pre-determined ideas...

So be open minded..

This was discussed in other threads - the Rick Shine talks... but now it's printed in New Scientist (not just the net) - so someone who is putting in the research hours knows much more than the key jocks from previous threads :)

Well it turned out to be a freezing cold night with low to no expections of finding anything, lucky a few AHS members turned up to show the FATS people how to catch a toad eh?

But the AHS guys were not there when 15 were caught on the 2nd cane toad muster jason and it was a FATS person (redeye girl) who caught the most on the night.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back