A Trip Down Memory Lane (for some)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My hobby is keeping and breeding pythons. My sister and her husband’s hobby has been collecting and restoring old horse drawn carriages and such.

For the past 5 years they have displayed all these as a museum in a 850 square meter shed at Yeppoon in Qld. The amount of work put into restoring these things is remarkable.

At the end of this month it all goes under the hammer and John is going to "retire" and my sister concentrates on her horses.

Check out the link below for more pics of what had been collected over 25 years.

http://www.thehorseandcarriage.com/sched1.htm

Attachments

• 001 1789.jpg
    001 1789.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 001 1773.jpg
    001 1773.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 001 1793.jpg
    001 1793.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 001 1798.jpg
    001 1798.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 98
What a collection! What a lot of good work and skill has gone into this!

A local Sunshine Coast artisan does similar work. He once talked me through a coach restoration. I was amazed.

You must be very proud of your brother -in-law.

Thanks for letting us know .

Very interesting Nev.

My friends in Glenrowan, Victoria, have similiar interests are opening a Museum at Glenrowan (Ned Kelly Country) sometime in the near future.
Good Luck with the Sales
Cheers
Sandee :)

Omg..love it!!

Can you imagine what it would be like having to use them everyday instead of a car? I really cant imagine.. wish i had one though!

Very interesting Nev.

My friends in Glenrowan, Victoria, have similiar interests are opening a Museum at Glenrowan (Ned Kelly Country) sometime in the near future.
Good Luck with the Sales
Cheers
Sandee :)
are they the people that have a few carriages out the backyard? i'm only 15 mins away so that will be pretty cool!

as a lover of anything antique that is a stunning collection & i dont think he will have any trouble getting a few sales..

Talking to sister last night, the 2 auctioneers they have hired told them to expect at least 1000 people and maybe more.
They have had people contact them from every state in Aust.

The only horse drawn thing I can remember from years ago is a milk cart. Can remember it in the street every afternoon and getting our milk billy filled from a small tank on the back of the cart.
The old horse knew when to stop and when to go.

Lots of other things I can remember, old wood stoves, chip heaters, washing copper and the first washing machine and others.

Are they selling as a collection or individually?

The collection is going to auction at the end of the month.

snake-boy....being so close I guess you know it well.

I was going to go up for the auction but with so many people expected I figure I'd end up with a job so I'm going to give it a miss.

Check out the black he****, I'm told that it is 1 of only 2 in Aust. Also told that 5 funeral houses are going to bid for it.

Check out the black he****, I'm told that it is 1 of only 2 in Aust. Also told that 5 funeral houses are going to bid for it.

I wasn't aware that the word for a horse drawn funeral carriage was considered a swear word.

"I'm told that it is 1 of only 2 in Aust"

The other horse drawn he**** must be in Victoria as an old friend took his last ride in it Sept.6th,2010

What a way to go :)

"I'm told that it is 1 of only 2 in Aust"

The other horse drawn he**** must be in Victoria as an old friend took his last ride in it Sept.6th,2010

What a way to go :)

WOW, I'll be sure to pass that info on Sandee.
He has over the years had numerous request to hire that funeral carriage out. It even had a VERY old coffin (empty) in the back......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back