Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, and I wasn't trying to be argumentative just stating facts. I guess with GTPs it is different because the DNA profile of non natives is different so it can be tested for. The same doesn't apply to bhps though. If you had half a brain you wouldn't get caught.

Worst case scenario, just claim you took it from the wild and pay the fine at $5/week.

Alright then im booking my tickets to holland then. lol

I just dont think its fair that criminals can get a head start on the honest breeder out there.

Whilst I don't condone criminal activity and certainly not the smuggling of live animals, if it wasn't for someone wiling to take the risk these mutations would probably never be available in Australia. Given the small captive population, the chance of a random pairing producing a freak is very very small.

Why would you guys think they were smuggled in?.... when, the mutation was discovered (in the wild) Australia first?
(Sorry..pictures blow....they're old...mid 70s If I remember correctly)
t_albino_blackhead_3.jpg

t_albino_blackhead_4.jpg

Makes more sense that they were smuggled out! Haha.

D.

Well it stands to reason and logic really that a snake native to Australia would develop the morph in Australia. And while difficult to 'fluke' the morph by random pairing it wouldn't be impossible or unheard of; you can't have a morph without the genetic mutation, and that has to start somewhere right? Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious but my husband and I were talking about it the other night. Just one of those hypothetical 'you never know' convos.

Why would you guys think they were smuggled in?.... when, the mutation was discovered (in the wild) Australia first?
(Sorry..pictures blow....they're old...mid 70s If I remember correctly)
t_albino_blackhead_3.jpg

t_albino_blackhead_4.jpg

Makes more sense that they were smuggled out! Haha.

D.

Because that's the easiest explanation for anything different and unknown to the masses here in Ozz unfortunately.... hence the catch phrase...."Oh it must have been smuggled in" :rolleyes: ...lol :lol:
I personally don't think there that nice to look at and for that money! JMO

Personally i prefer one to have a normal coloured body with the white head,opposed to it all being completely white..As Derek mentioned,from memory there was one caught in he late 70s,just like the Albino darwin,originally caught in the wild...Thats where all the albino darwins have came from...Same as with the Albino Olive...As previously mentioned i can remember one being offered for 50grand a few years back...IMO the bumblebee colour etc are alot better looking....even the calicos....

If the authorities came to inspect and found them they could do dna testing and prove it that way.

Anyone who knows about this testing would tell you all they can do is prove it's relatedness to other BHP's, therefore you wait breed het's which now are your parents and then breed your albino's from that bingo the offspring are related to the parents.

Not hard and if you are not competing with anybody you could even have go as far as to produce grandparents before releasing any. I can't imagine anyone being concerned about DNA testing.

Gird

Because there would have to be a traceable history and a several well known animals already in captivity just as is the case with Blondie and Spliff. It seems that in this case however there is just speculation and innuendo and suddenly they are going to pop up out of nowhere.

The Jags-RPM have only started coming out the wood work,give it another few years and IMO there will be het albino BHP etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back