disappering fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dossy

Reaction score
just the other side of a galaxy not to far from th
hey guy
aswell as keeping reps i have//had alot of fish but lately i have been looking in to my main fish tank and seeing less and less fish. at first i thought it was just the fact that the smaller fish (tetras) were getting eaten but then saw 2 dead ones and just asummed the other 10 missing ones died and got eaten with out me seeing them. but they were small fish that could go unnoticed while dead. iv had a 11 cm clown loach, two 8 and 9 cm grouimmie, a 5cm tiger barb,four 8cm glass cat fish all dissaper and i can not see them in the tank even after moving evrything and family members said they pulled one dead fish out when i was away and that was a guppy (4yr old guppy)

anyone have any clue were they went?
ps after lossing the clown loach iv found about 800 snails :(

Almost certainly the clown loach ate them after they died, (scavengers) but clown loaches love snails.
Worth the odd fish (guppies)to keep the snails down.
P.s barbs are aggressive and not really good for community tanks.

i had the same prob but then found fish rnd my tank that had jumpd out the little corner bit of the cover where all the cords go threw i startd to find them when the room startd to stink

persona uv lost me :)
i know the loach eats snails hence the reson for me getting it because the tank was getting over run at first then lochy ate them all :)
what ate the clown loach tho...and my tiger barb got along with evrything in the tank...it was kept in cheak by the bigger fish haha

yes iv had 2 fish jump out 2 yrs ago but i now have a lid/hood on the tank and the hole is to small for the fish to get through now

ya they will jump out of any gap lol my mates pride and joy eletric blue went missing found the bones bout 3months later under the tv stand

I've lost my biggest bristlenose - not a clue where it's gone... The little one pops its head out and about - but the big one.... gone!!!

Not a trace....

And I doubt the angels could get it into their mouths....

So same situation as you mate...

Though I've only got angels and one bristlenose - so not a clue!

iv just found him...it was in a little cave i made . i didnt look in there at firsr because the entrnce is only 5 mm across and 10mm high and the fish is twice the size of the cave ( it was made for small fish such as bumble bee goby and fry) so im happy i found him but i wish it was same story for all the others iv lost in the past :(

I had a Half-Beak go missing, probably got eaten. One of my Tetra's Lodge it's self between the glass and the plastic rim of the tank luckily i found it in time.

what fish are left in the tank

1 groummie
1 rose barb
4 cardinal tetras
1 clown loach (found this arvo)
1 rainbow shark
2 rummy nose tettras
1 mini molly
1 glass cat fish
1 bumble bee goby
5 harliquins
2 baby guppies
6 adult guppies in breeding tank atm but will be going back in soon
1 bristle nose pleco
i would like to have a few more cardinals,2-3 more glass cats 1 more bumble bee me tiger barb and a 2nd groummie but they will hvae to wait because i cant find any suppliers of the types and or colours i am looking for

its a 3foot tank 1.5 feet deep and 1.5 feet high

if the shark is of decent size he could be the cause of the problem, as when they get larger they can become very territorial and aggresive especialy other sharks or things that look like sharks, that is the only thing left in the tank that would kill the other fish

Depending on the size, the bristlenose could strip a fish carcass away to virtually nothing. Not sure why they are dieing though could be one of dozens of reasons.

i found the reson some died a few months a go my heater stopped working and some of the fish needed good temps.

and to the person who moved this thanx i wouldnt like to have posted stuff in the wrong place and leave it there :)

mostly theres guys would off kill them grouimmie, a 5cm tiger barb, but tetras do live for that long any ways neons live for about 2 years but can live longer if by them selfs

meh get rid of the barbs nasty little buggas they are they will fin nip everything!

very odd mix of fish try ur question at ageofaqueriums.com best fish site ive found when i used to breed

thanx 4 that loony

yer most aquariums tell me im an idiot 4 keeping tigers and that the things i have shouldnt be together but they all get along fine aslong as i feed them...if i miss more then 2 days of food they get a bit grumpy. i supose im just lucky to get the fish that dnt fight :)

if anyone knows of any aquariums around the sutherland area please let me know :)

i know of 5 but 1 shutdown/ starting up under new owners and 2 are overly priced
i also no of 1 in hurstvile but he is starting back up because he moved shops and he dosnt have the fish i want atm :(

kellyville pets has a good range of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back