what do you ned to do to convert a tv cabnit to snake tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

Reaction score
i have a medium sized corner tv unit that im thinking about converting to a snake tank but im not sure of what ii have to do to water proof it, vents, lighting and door and that kinda stuff can anyone inform me of what is needed to be done and that kinda stuff?

put in a vent, heating, build a frame, router out a slot around the inside, add glass, add hingers

Answer- 'Too Much!'

Converting something can be fun if you like get busy, but imo, at the end of the day,
if your forced to modify, it wont ever be quite what you intended.
If your skilled at such things or enjoy the challenge, I feel it's best to plan and build from scratch. This way you get what you wanted, how you wanted it, and often it turns out more cost effective.
Just a thought. :)

I'm bidding on a tv unit at the moment, I won't have to do too much, just add glass doors and a coat of paint. I may try to make a fake rock wall too. I think it will be much cheaper and easier than starting from scratch, you just need to pick the right thing to convert.

for the waterproofing grab some water proof paint from a hardwhare.
as for vents get out door drain caps/tops and cut holes big enough for them to fit in and glue them in.

if you want you can send me an inbox and i can send you a full oist of step by step instructions

I converted a chest of drawers, i gutted it sanded it and varnished it. I rang my local glass and alluminium shop and got glass sliding door tracks and glass. Used a jigsaw to cut in two vents and wired up a light fitting. The only real answer is you just have to be creative and get ideas from other enclosures.

in the process of doing two at the moment... alot of fun, foam and grout :) pics will go up when we finish them.
yeah its pretty time consuming and expensive, but doing it all has been fun and i think it will be better than any tank i buy!

in in the process of doing that and its alot of fun have pic in my profile been four days work and not far from being done

Sissy could you send me that list too? I'll be doing this in the very near future.

a jigsaw is the most important tool to be used . follow the other posts and you wont have any trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back