Big woma? and Pretty bredli (imo)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakelove

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! bored and nothing to do so decided to get crappy pictures of my snakes! My 10 month old Woma over a kilo and over 4 foot and my pretty bredli (well I think it's pretty ;))

Attachments

• DSCN0764.jpg
    DSCN0764.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN0765.jpg
    DSCN0765.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN0772.jpg
    DSCN0772.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN0763.jpg
    DSCN0763.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0773.jpg
    DSCN0773.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 180
nice mate my woma may have finally caught up to yours, he still hasnt shat yet tho so ive got him off his food for a bit.
and that bredli looks great can not wait to get mine

WOAH! 4ft at only 10 months!!!!! at 10 months they should only be half grown! Your gunna have a veeeeeeerrrry big woma!!!!

haha snakelove craigs womas must just grow fast

nice mate my woma may have finally caught up to yours, he still hasnt shat yet tho so ive got him off his food for a bit.
and that bredli looks great can not wait to get mine
lol haha sometimes I don't even feed her for 3 weeks. I think she's the right weight now. She was kind of overweight before I think, lol who knows haha. I agree on his snakes growing fast haha, that's his bredli too and she's growing at a crazy rate. haha

WOAH! 4ft at only 10 months!!!!! at 10 months they should only be half grown! Your gunna have a veeeeeeerrrry big woma!!!!

lol yeah I don't even think it's normal at this stage. Let's see if she turns out a giant haha.

Agreed mate. I just hope I didn't push her too much when she was a hatchy.

I fed one of my hatchies large feeds and one normal feeds. The one that got the large feeds does feel and look fat and the one that got normal feeds looks a lot healthier and is considerably smaller. The interesting part is both of them have the same size heads. I'm sure it will be fine. It's all a learning experience.

I have a 12 yr old woma that gets fed 150gram rats once every 12 - 14 days. It is lean but healthy.

From now on I'm going to lean towards underfeeding rather than over feeding.

Someone on here posted a 22month old woma that is 2.4kg. Now that is a well fed woma. Haha

That woma is a beast! My 2.5yr old female who just ovulated was only 1300grams prior to cooling and i was thinking if she was any bigger she would be fat....

What do you feed it?

I fed one of my hatchies large feeds and one normal feeds. The one that got the large feeds does feel and look fat and the one that got normal feeds looks a lot healthier and is considerably smaller. The interesting part is both of them have the same size heads. I'm sure it will be fine. It's all a learning experience.

I have a 12 yr old woma that gets fed 150gram rats once every 12 - 14 days. It is lean but healthy.

From now on I'm going to lean towards underfeeding rather than over feeding.

Someone on here posted a 22month old woma that is 2.4kg. Now that is a well fed woma. Haha
Yeah mate I think it's better to underfeed then overfeed. Reduces the risk of getting various diseases. Mine is well over 1kg a month ago. I shall weigh her tomorrow and see how much now.

That woma is a beast! My 2.5yr old female who just ovulated was only 1300grams prior to cooling and i was thinking if she was any bigger she would be fat....

What do you feed it?
lol I'll take that as a compliment? haha. Maybe mine is gravid? haha lol. I can see her muscle tone and stuff so I'm not sure if she's fat or not. I've never seen a fat snake. I feed small rats now and have been since she was 8 months. Every 10-12 days. But when she was 3 months she was on the skinny side so I fed her every 5 days up until 5-6 months old. maybe she got her growth spurt then?

mate, if she's not fat, she's not fat. Sounds like a pretty solid feeding regime from a young age so obvioulsy just grown quickly.

mate, if she's not fat, she's not fat. Sounds like a pretty solid feeding regime from a young age so obvioulsy just grown quickly.

haha yeah. I'd like to think she's not fat haha. Yeah I'm all for the random feeding routine instead of every week. Works for me I think lol

That is a big woma for 10 months.

My girl is the same age & about 800g.
I thought she was powering along considering I'm not over feeding.
At last weigh in she'd put on 260g over 2 months, only 8 feeds in that time, largest meal was 80g.

Womas seem to be very good at converting food to body mass.

100926Suze02.jpg

That is a big woma for 10 months.

My girl is the same age & about 800g.
I thought she was powering along considering I'm not over feeding.
At last weigh in she'd put on 260g over 2 months, only 8 feeds in that time, largest meal was 80g.

Womas seem to be very good at converting food to body mass.
Yeah I have to weigh her again soon. Maybe it's their body shape or features or something that makes them gain weight faster. I held her today and geez she's big and long haha it's cute

Womas and BHPs are very good at getting the most out of every feed. I've had them bigger than 1kg at 12months in the past. And I've had them smaller, the ones that grew faster have proved better breeders over the last few years. I have some that were grown slow at 4.5 years still havn't produced a clutch, whereas their clutchmates who were grown 'fast' are gravid atm with either first or second clutches, I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or just bad luck. :p Womas grow extremely fast when you feed them lots.

Yeah I have a male that's only a couple of months younger than my girl but isn't bulking up nearly as quickly as her with similar feeding. I'm not feeding them heaps either, or large meals, that's why I'm surprised at my girl's growth. One feed a week average, meal size around 10% of her body weight, give or take. So if what you say from your experience holds true, then hopefully she'll be a good breeder.
Having said that, she's my first woma, so haven't experienced growth like that before, so for experienced keepers my surprise is probably very "ho-hum"

Last edited:
Why is it only the aspidities? maybe it's because of their lack of heat pits! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back