darwins with jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerbudgie

Reaction score
hey guys, just a quick question. can you house darwins with jungles i was thinking you could considering they're both top end snakes similar environment. let me know.

Why o why does this get bought up so often do a search and you shall find your answer

i am going to SCRRREEEAAAAMMMM why do people keep asking this question it happend EVERY DAY !!!!!!!!

A search should bring up numerous threads regarding this subject.
Have a read through, then decide whether you think the potential danger is worth it.
In my opinion, it is not :)

there has just been a thread on this stuff but anways.......

google is your best friend ask him this question if you can not find exactly what you are looking for then come back here and ask this question again ok? thaaannkss

lol ease up guys i haven't been on in months so i have no idea what's been posted. but thanks for the tip i guess.

here: the answer is a complete NO!!! never keep snakes together unless they are the same species for breeding or diamonds can be kept together. nothing else

Yes you can, if you have a female of each species and numerous hides you should have no problems.

Apart from the two stories of a hatchling eating another hatchling, I have not seen solid evidence that says keeping two snakes together is a bad idea.

I keep a a male and a female bredli together and they always bask together and share the same hide. The amount of people successfully keeping multiple snakes together is far greater than the amount of 'horror' stories you year.

So can any of the posters above tell me why its such a bad idea?

a mouse or rat for dinner a couple of bucks!!!!! a darwin or jungle priceless

Yes you can, if you have a female of each species and numerous hides you should have no problems.

Apart from the two stories of a hatchling eating another hatchling, I have not seen solid evidence that says keeping two snakes together is a bad idea.

I keep a a male and a female bredli together and they always bask together and share the same hide. The amount of people successfully keeping multiple snakes together is far greater than the amount of 'horror' stories you year.

So can any of the posters above tell me why its such a bad idea?

There are more than two stories of cannibalism.

There are also numerous instances of injury, and the chance of infection that follows.

There is also the issue of dominance, and the stress-related complications that may arise in the weaker animal.

I agree, many animals can be housed well together, but there are certainly risks involved.

Environment wise I can't see any harm in keeping these two snakes together. So long as you have two hides for every area of the tank, so they can go their own way if they wish, I can't see the problem with it. Only thing though, if they are opposite sex and 3yrs or up I would separate them upon cooling, or as they come out of cooling before the breeding season. Before cooling would be best - I have seen my two carpets mating as early as July. Two males, I'd also suggest separating them because when the breeding season starts they may get stroppy at each other. They may not. Just keep an eye on them to make sure they keep peace and all should be ok.

YOu will get conflicting answers from different ppl. Some ppl have experience nothing but trouble when housing more than one together, others haven't had dramas, or, Zan and Jane mght be ok together but Jane likes to dominate Lara so them two you would not keep together, if you get what I mean.

I have had two carpets who have lived together since hatchlings. I have only had them 4 years but have always stayed together. I separate them at feed time but they go back together without any problems. Not all snakes are this easy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back