show us your indoor monitor enclosures !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not really suitable for spenceri, but this is what I have for my lace monitors
78349789.jpg

Incredible crocdoc, did you make it yourself?

yes, I made it myself. It's 2.4 x 2.4 x 1.2 metres. The top and bottom of the enclosure aren't visible in the photo, but it's pretty much floor to ceiling.

if i dont mind how much was it to build
and did u raise them in it their whole life or did they have a smaller enclosure before this

They were tiny when I first got them, so I had them in small enclosures and gradually moved them into larger enclosures. They both got moved into their current enclosure at two years of age. It's a huge enclosure when you're standing next to it (or in it), but they could do with something larger and if I had a yard I'd get them outdoors into an aviary. You're going to find yourself giving up a lot of floor space for an adult spenceri, too, for you can't go vertical with them.

thts why i like the idea of a lace as u can go up aha
was the current enclosure tough to build
and do u have any pics of the smaller enclosures u had them in by any chance
btw i appreciate your help man

here's one ive been working on for a while . nearly finished now just need some wood and then ill put my monitors in there.

Ben Stein made my rock i just had to cut and fix.he done a real good job i think and he was good to deal with i made the cage and the rest of it DSCF5007.jpg

ive got a couple of ackies here . the cage is 8 x 4 x 3 foot so they should be able to turn around and even get lost in it.

Yes, the enclosure was tough to build - especially the mock rock as I didn't do it by the easiest technique.

I'm afraid I don't have any photos of the smaller enclosures uploaded to my photo hosting site, or even on this computer (they're on a back up hard drive and I'm on my laptop), but as I'm still using their original enclosures as raise-up enclosures for hatchlings I can get photos of them at some stage.

Nice enclosure, Boney. My only advice would be to get some deep substrate in there for them to dig into.

thanks mate , yeh i think it came up good !

the cage was not that much 4 sheets of melamine at $32 a sheet. aluminium windows $330 vent $20 then you got lights and the rock and that ,but yeh the cage its self aint that much

No, the smaller enclosures are more utilitarian. I did have plans to mock rock them up and have spare mock rock, but haven't had the time nor inclination (and the enclosures are rarely empty for long, anyway).

Nice enclosure, Boney. My only advice would be to get some deep substrate in there for them to dig into.

thanks crocdoc your cage aint to shaby either .

yeh on the left hand side of the cage if you can notice there is a pond like thing built in the rock on the floor thats getting filled with sand when i have time .no rush no monitors in there yet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back