VHS Melbourne Reptile Expo 2011.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooooo looking forward to the reptile expo...hubby and I are newbies and have a lovely pair of jungles.

We really want to meet some other breeders and see all the 'stuff' that is out there.....it is going to be sensational I am looking forward to it already !!

The last expo was good, But to me there was a complete lack of quarantine
practiced by most who were selling there!.

To me the only person that should be handling any of the critters that are for sale is the keeper selling them!

I witnessed far too many supposed buyers going from stall to stall "playing" with the critters that were on offer and then leaving without any of them.

There was a dealer there that would spray TOD into the tub of a hatchie everytime it was handed back to them, this initself isnt a safe practice!

Even apart from quarantine thee is a huge assumption that the 'buyer' knows what they are doing holding the rep !! And with everyone walking around looking and 'distracted' I would have thought there was huge potential for an accident! I know we won't be touching anything because of the risk of taking a 'bug' home to our own animals.....but we will be doing lots and lots of looking !! I guess this feedback might be useful for the organizers to think about a protocol for the exhibitors/sellers to all follow so it is consistent for everyone......so the safety and health of animals is the first concern...... Not saying it isn't in peoples thoughts.....but in the heat of the moment things can happen

That worked well, i'll be flying back from NZ early that morning :)

There was a dealer there that would spray TOD into the tub of a hatchie everytime it was handed back to them, this initself isnt a safe practice!
I remember this too, i didn't like the idea of it.

Great news. I live just a few mins from the Melb show ground. :)

It's a long shot, but I hope I can find a sexed female Spencer's Monitor there!

Can't wait for the Expo.
And I'll definitely be up for a Pub Stop afterward!

(And I'll be on the lookout for my first Woma!)

Will there be GTP's for sale?
And are URS, SnakeRanch, Roy Pails and Southern X coming down?
Also, Invite Waterrat down haha

AND have an albino Olive for everyone to admire :)

im getting a bit too excited lol

Just a quick question. Will private sellers be able to have elapids on display as well as other reptiles for sale?

Cheers. Ross.

i might be keen to have a stall selling ready to go tanks just wondering the cost of a stall is this time?

I think i'll start saving now... It will be here in no time. Is there any chance we can see a list of breeders that are intending on being there?

May make the trip down to check it out..

At this point ourselves; Black Snake Productions and matt Stockdale from Vic reptiles (I think he will be doing it) are the only ones permitted by DSE to display elapids. No other Elapids are allowed on the property due to safety and licensing regulations. But we will have a good range of snakes on display with a couple that are rare in captivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back