Boyds!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggle

Banned
Reaction score
I was hoping for some info on Boyds seeing as info seems impossible to find.

Firstly, Im in QLD... can I keep boyds on my normal reptile licence?
Secondly... how much would one set me back? I live almost within their range... so as far as climate/temp/humidity goes im in the perfect spot :D

I've been able to research keeping and enclosures etc but no info on prices or licencing in QLD.

Ari

PS... isnt this a boyds? not a mountain heath dragon... Dragon tales - Australian Geographic

Yes that picture is a Boyd's Forest Dragon Hypdilurus boydii, btw Brisbane is a very far way (1000+ km's) from their natural range, you may be thinking of Southern forest dragons Hypsilurus spinipes

^_^ I live in Mackay, I havent changed my location thing yet.

no worries ^_^ Its my fault for not changing the location. Its wishful thinking... wishing I was in brisbane LOL

Just need info on pricing and licencing.

i have a little girl. I live in QLD so you can keep them... as for price well i think ive seen a few juvies for around $250 - $350 correct me if im wrong

:D thats not a bad price... I saw ads from three years ago with juvies advertised for $750... :| I almost had a heart attack LOL

The price must represent availability because keeping and breeding is apparently relatively easy?

Im surprised more people don't keep them. Now I am seriously weighing up whether I have ackies or boyds. :) Im so torn.

I keep & breed boyds, they are amazing dragons. The answers to your questions are: $200 for hatchlings & yes you can keep them in QLD on a recreational licence.

I'm looking at getting some this season - they are awesome little dragons. I would go for boyds first - have you had much experience with dragons or monitors previously? The ultimate for me is v. panoptes - but I'm working my way up to that!!!

ok... ok. I told my boyfriend I was mistaken about their price and I think we might be leaning towards getting a pair of boyds ^_^

Boyds

i have a young male for sale excess to my needs 26 months old hes done his bit this season with the ladys he is 150mm snout to vent. if your interested please email me at [email protected] and i will send you some pictures. and we can discuss things from there. ps i'm in brisbane. But i'm not the same person who supplied Funkstaa.

the secret to breeding boyds is a water fall in there enclosure, one of australias best and well known boyds breeders lives near me a he sold me 3 * boyds at $500.00 , great deal for me and said waterfall is the most important item other tan temp- humitity

:D oh gosh.. so many replies, sorry been busy last couple of days :D Im thrilled... will be contacting people :)

Ari

OMG! they r so beutiful. what sort of setup do they need? r their any good books on how to keep them? they look like little dinosaurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back