Angle Headed Dragon setups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalCollector6

Reaction score
Hey guys, you probably have tons of threads asking this, but just one more! I'd love to see your angle headed dragon setups as I'm still constructing mine, I've almost finished though all it needs is a few vines, a background and of course the dragons. I am currently keeping Southern brown tree frogs in it.
Angle head setup.jpgSorry about the pic (bad camera, doesn't do justice!)

Cheers, Scott.

try and get some straight sticks, and boil them of course to kill parasites, and put them horizontally, and to hold them up, in the mesh roof screw a screw thru it into the end of the stick. Get what i mean? Good luck they look pretty cool.

yeah i've been reading, they use them to hide so they'll shuffle around the other side of the trunk, keep the stick between you and him lol. Contact Mr Boyd he's got angle headed dragons and may put a few pics :)

here's mine and yea they do try to hide behind the branches. mine sit out in the open most of the time but as soon as you open the lid they run around and try to hide
DSCF2069.jpg

boyds enclosures.JPG

I don't keep angle-heads any more but the setups are the same. Here's my boyds enclosures (they are still in the works but it gives you and idea whats going). One misting system is pulled through both enclosures, works great!

hey Mr Boyd have you got a pic from front on showing the water feature, in fact i would love to see many pics and your setups, maybe a new thread would be great

Last edited:
Hey guys, you probably have tons of threads asking this, but just one more! I'd love to see your angle headed dragon setups as I'm still constructing mine, I've almost finished though all it needs is a few vines, a background and of course the dragons. I am currently keeping Southern brown tree frogs in it.
View attachment 166121Sorry about the pic (bad camera, doesn't do justice!)

Cheers, Scott.
very nice , out of interest what size is your enclosure?

hey Mr Boyd have you got a pic from front on showing the water feature, in fact i would love to see many pics and your setups, maybe a new thread would be great

No worries, I'll start a thread tomorrow with some better photo's, the large enclosure is not finished yet. I don't have a water feature in any of them I just use a misting system & large water dish. I used to use a universal rock waterfall but its too much trouble cleaning them out all the time. The boyds will drink when the misting system turns on twice a day from the branchs/vines & also every now and then I give them a drink straight out of the spray bottle.

where did ya get those tanks from Mr.Boyd?

The enclosures are from Reptiles Inc. in Canberra. They make a few standard sizes as listed on their website or you can get one custom made. The larger one for my adults is 1220Hx1220Lx700D

100_2271.jpg100_2270.jpg100_2272.jpg
my angle heads live on the middle shelf of a larger unit. they come down to the glass to see whats going on and almost seem to be watching the tv . i want to build them a taller enclosure as this one is about 450mm high on each level.

no worries, i'll start a thread tomorrow with some better photo's, the large enclosure is not finished yet. I don't have a water feature in any of them i just use a misting system & large water dish. I used to use a universal rock waterfall but its too much trouble cleaning them out all the time. The boyds will drink when the misting system turns on twice a day from the branchs/vines & also every now and then i give them a drink straight out of the spray bottle.

The enclosures are from reptiles inc. In canberra. They make a few standard sizes as listed on their website or you can get one custom made. The larger one for my adults is 1220hx1220lx700d

have i missed the thread mr boyd

hey mate that photo of yours looks great as the rest have said a couple of vines will be great for there vertical perches i use Personsia commonly called monkey rope in QLD but any vertical gnarled tree limbs will do especialy where you live it would not be hard to find in your area. as for treating for parisites i put mine in a lge garbage bad and fumigate with callingtons reptile enclosure insecticide, then i let it sit overnight in the bag and put them in. if you want to go hard core sterile (i think you dont ) you can paint the limbs with 2 pack clear. as for your angle they will probaly hide in all the plants that you have in there too. i think the enclosure that you have shown will be an awsome home for them. Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back