2 Big Browns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthy

Reaction score
On sunday I heard a commotion on my front lawn. I discovered that a man just down the street had just killed a 5ft Eastern Brown snake on my neighbors front lawn. I quickly informed the crowd that had gathered that in the future they can ring me and will catch and relocate snakes.
Today on my way home from work I ignored 6 calls from my wife (I was only 5 minutes away) only to discover there was a very large brown in my backyard. I went up behind the shed and found it coiled under some folded black plastic. I then bagged a genuine 6 footer, it was over 2 inches in diameter. here are some pathetic photos of it's release in scrub a couple of kms from home. I do apologise for the quality but I am no photographer and my 4 yr old boy smashed my camera recently so I had to use the neighbour's.

Pic 1: get out ya bugger
Pic 2: finally free
Pic 3: making good it's escape.
brown snake 002.jpgbrown snake 003.jpgbrown snake 007.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on why two adult browns in such a short period?
We do have a large paddock a few hundred metres away, and there are a few vacant (unmown) blocks in the cul-de-sac.

There'd be a lady brown somewhere in your vicinity.

Nice i saw a big one all smashed on the road today.And yesturday i was parked on the side of the highway and i said to my mate look here there is a big brown in the grass dead,but when i opened the door it took of as it wasnt dead at all lol.So yes they are about and trying to get some sun after all the rain we have had here.

good find, ive come across quite afew so far this season down towards singo way garth.

Awesome!
Good job informing the public that there is no need to be killing snakes too.

I have since typed out a sticky for local's (my street and the next one) fridges, containing name and number plus some basic advice, that is my name and number for live trap and relocate

I don't know what's going on around here but my neighbour to the back accidently killed a juvie brown with his mower this morning (that's 3 in 1 week).

with your saying -I'M GOING HERPING!
I SHOOT ALL AUSTRALIAN WILDLIFE..... With a 90mm lense on an SLR camera.

i thought you meant actually shoot them , the only wildlife that should be shot is feral animals

I have been busy for the last week and a half catching blacks and browns looks like they are on the move early

I don't know what's going on around here but my neighbour to the back accidently killed a juvie brown with his mower this morning (that's 3 in 1 week).

Nice pickup, Garthy:)! Earliest record of a Brown for my group here in Armidale (27/08). We don't usually get calls for Browns here until mid October, what with the cooler weather. Big, old male in a stump; I'm just waiting for a re appearance:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back