Python in our Ice-cream tree!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leah123

Reaction score
Hi

Here are a few more shots of the python which appeared on our front porch the other night (we live on 150 acres so no surprises really!) she is currently in our icecream tree so thought I would post a few pics for those interested. She is pretty big and lovely colours, but I'm new to snakes so don't know much else than that!:lol:IMG_4028.jpgIMG_4022.jpgIMG_4020.jpg

She/he? looks huge! Any idea how long it is? Lucky you :D

Well I just measured the rake (see pic of her the other night beside rake) and the rake is 5 foot and she's a good foot either side I would say so what do you think, about 7 foot??IMG_3990.jpg

I live at Lynchs Creek NSW our property borders on the Border Ranges, so all sorts of critters here! I am not sure if it's a coastal, I'm not normally a snakey person, but fast learning to be simply because I've had to after seeing about 8 snakes on our property over the past two weeks! Love to know the difference between them all, some others I've seen are sort of more olive green but the TWO i've seen today, one above and one in my barn have a more orangey colour to them... are there different types of pythons?

yeah yeah nice snake, but the ice-cream tree is what really got me interested hmmmmm yum yum

Gosh rare in the wild?! I'm really surprised to hear that as we have now seen a total of 6-7 of them here on our property in the past 4 or so weeks I guess! I feel very priviliged! We are in an amazing part of the country though backing into the Border Ranges on 150 acres, and at the very end of a dirt road so no traffic, and no real dangers for them I guess. It's also very lush, heaps of water and loads of trees so perfect I would imagine for lots of snakes! Other than that we have seen a brown tree snake and a red belly black although he was pretty quick to take off.

The Ice Cream tree, well it's got fruit on it that are meant to taste like icecream however I'm not so sure about that! I tasted a Sapote fruit the other day and it was meant to taste like chocolate pudding and in actual fact it was really very good, the ice-cream tree...mmm o.k

BigWillie might be talking about carpet snakes down in Victoria. In the Border Ranges, carpet snakes are far from uncommon. They're still very majestic and beautiful creatures, and yours certainly seem to have found the right yard to live in (even if it does contain misleadingly named trees)!

Stewart

Hey Leah, yes its a coastal and there are heaps of them up your way.
I used to have 20 Acres at Byrrel Creek (western foothills of Mt Warning) and absolutely love that region. Never really gotten used to the Central Coast it always feels like going home when I go back to the Tweed Valley. Theres heaps of Red Belly around the Border Ranges as well, I have found that if you see one basking on the roadside, then you will see more same time same day as you go along the road. You can also expect Brown Tree, green tree, eastern tiger up in the mountains and a whole heap of others like whip, eastern brown etc.
I grew sapote nice hey, though they look terrible, chocolate pudding thats healthy and chock full of vitamin C!
I have had ice cream beans, is that the same?
Your place would be awesome!

look im a newbie too leah123 and as i guessed, I think its a coastal.
But why dont some of you guys with more experience help leah123 out and ID this guy for her and the other one she was talking about :? :
Quote " Love to know the difference between them all, some others I've seen are sort of more olive green but the TWO i've seen today, one above and one in my barn have a more orangey colour to them... are there different types of pythons?"
cmon guys...

looks like a coastal head :) looks a very nice size...Looks like you have lots of food around there.....
so is there anymore room in this IceCream Tree :D I Have always wanted a money tree...but you have to start sumwhere right hahahahah :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back