what is the longest time for eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJC-787

Reaction score
what is the longest time between pre-lay slough and egg laying, my mac had her pre-lay slough on the 13/9 and still hasn't layed yet,last year she layed on the 29th day, tonight she is in the nest box laying on her side.

Its not uncommon to go out to 34-35 days, We have one female that
will drop at 34 days consistantly.

I had 3 females go 40, 41 and 42 days last season. All laid perfect eggs and all eggs hatched.........2 were Jungles and one was A BHP.

As I dont supply night heat and the nights were quite cold during this period last year, this extended period wasn't a surprise.

Also had a clutch of BHPS go 92 days incubated at 29.5, all eggs hatched and all hatchlings hatched with a very black colouration......

Hi BJ,my antaresias usually go 25 to 29 days when the female has access to heat constantly.

she has had constant acess to heat since start of september, i have several recorded matings from june and july, i stopped putting the male with her when she shed.

Is she displaying in an inverted position, as they will continue to do
so right up to the point of laying.

I had a Blonde go at 37 days last season, but this year it was 24 days. Both times she had 24 hours heat. This year was a bigger clutch so maybe that had something to do with it?
Most of our other Ant's this year have gone on time too.(earlier in some cases )

Most of mine are going longer this season, averaging about 33days. I'm not providing night heat, the room is about 20degrees though. They eventually lay. But, most of mine went into prelay sloughs quiet fast after ovulating.

l have just had a BHP lay 47 days after pre-lay shed, she normally goes 30-33 days and lays 7-8 but this time she layed 4 and is on 24/7 heat, with 34-35c on top of her hide box and 28-30 inside.......solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back