Tiger Snake Rescue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
p1.JPGm1.JPGj1.JPGGot a call to go to local petshop.
This tiger snake had a sticky insect trap stuck to his head wha1.JPGen he entered the shop and surprized the customers and taff.
A bit of machine oil got him off and he was released into bush on the Mornington Peninsula..f1.JPG

Poor fella! Good job, thats pretty cool :D
No mean feat getting that thing off a ven I would imagine :shock:

Good work Baz, if it ever happens again try using wax and grease remover. It's a little more pervasive and evaporates without leaving a residue. How do i know that it works? That's a very good questions! One funny man thought it would be a great idea to stick a wax strip to my arm pit while i was sleeping at a party a tiny little bit of W&G had it off no worries!

Gordo, you wuss... it's no different to pulling a bandaid off ;)

Good work with the tiger. Although, he doesn't look very gracious in that second pic :shock:

Speaking of getting sticky things off snakes (there's been a couple of sticky tape threads lately, and I also wondered about retained spectacles, etc.), would silicon-based lubricant work? (*squeezes eyes shut in anticipation of mods and comments/flames*)

I would avoid anything that leaves a residue that isn't water soluable or that doesn't quickly evapourate.

And it's nothing like a bandaid! :lol:

Speaking of getting sticky things off snakes (there's been a couple of sticky tape threads lately, and I also wondered about retained spectacles, etc.), would silicon-based lubricant work? (*squeezes eyes shut in anticipation of mods and comments/flames*)

(*squeezes eye shut even tighter*) There are those lubricants that are (I think) water-based that are instantly water soluble and leave no residue... Last time someone wrote about retained eye scales, I thought that a product like this, then a wipe over with a damp towel might do the trick quite well... and prob cheaper than the repti-expensive versions.

I should point out, I haven't tried it, I just wondered if it was an option. I doubt the tiger would have been particularly impressed with my well-thought out method, though!

Gordo, I'm a girl. I know exactly what it's like ;) Grow a pair, then wax them, then appreciate your gf more :lol: It's not much worse than a bandaid - promise (mwhahahahaha!)

None of the lubricants/solvents would work for retained sheds no matter where they are because what ever you use needs to grip the retained shed.

Hahaha, some may argue if i have a pair or not but i have an utter phobia of bodily hair! And it does not hurt just like a bandaid! Banaids don't make you bleed!

(*squeezes eye shut even tighter*) There are those lubricants that are (I think) water-based that are instantly water soluble and leave no residue... Last time someone wrote about retained eye scales, I thought that a product like this, then a wipe over with a damp towel might do the trick quite well... and prob cheaper than the repti-expensive versions.

I should point out, I haven't tried it, I just wondered if it was an option. I doubt the tiger would have been particularly impressed with my well-thought out method, though!

Gordo, I'm a girl. I know exactly what it's like ;) Grow a pair, then wax them, then appreciate your gf more :lol: It's not much worse than a bandaid - promise (mwhahahahaha!)

I have now added a can of cooking oil spray to my kit as it is best for removing the sticky stuff.
I used the machine oil in the petshop as it was the only thing available.
There were no dramas and the machine oil just wiped off but vegetable oil is much better.
Nice looking tiger huh Kupres?
The copperhead loved the camera to.
You can open your eyes now Kristy..

Great job Baz,how far is it to the nearest bushland from where you rescued the tiger...More then likely it was after rodent in the shop...Cooking oil on a cotton bud does the trick also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back