outside enclosure for BD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defective

~ Yoda (2008-2020), you loved me more than life!!
Reaction score
sup all,
so i was wondering if a rabbit hutch for an outside enclosure for my BD that i'll be getting is ok? it will be around 6-7mths old (lizard) and because we get hot weather in adelaide instead of having the UV/heating light on, i wanted to put him outside for a couple hours in the morning before it got wayyyyy to hot to get some natural rays and heat. or would a mesh enclosure be better?

Also interested in this.

Was wondering if rabbit type enclosure using chicken wire will be ok and not be blocking too much of the uv ?

if it had chicken wire on the bottem of it wudnt u be worried bout gettin there feet stuck in it imo i prob wudnt do it

humm yes, i'm actually thinking more of getting one then getting plywood and astroturf and glue the turf on

yea plywood on the bottom and dont glue it in, keep it removable as it will need reguluar cleaning with beardies

Im doing something similar to this, but building it.

Im a tad worried on their nose's rubbing on the mesh, so im not starting the mesh till about 1/3 the way up, and have wood (similar to inside enclosures where tracks would sit on) and then having mesh, with a lift up lide made from mesh and wood as a support.

Ill post some pics when i finish, should be done by this weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back