Unknown Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverbrew

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone as I am new to Australian reptiles could someone please tell me what type of carpet python this is?

I bought this from a local pet shop in South Australia but am not interested in dissing the shop.
I am just interested in what type of carpet python this is and whether or not it is a hypomelanistic version?

Thanks for all your help

http://s1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/silverbullbowhunta/2010-10-25%20Carpet%20Python/?action=view&current=25102010052.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1045.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb455%2Fsilverbullbowhunta%2F2010-10-25%2520Carpet%2520Python%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D25102010053.jpg%26

Looks like a standard Coastal, hypomelanistic means reduced melanin (black pigment), the snakes you show clearly has black in its patterning, so that means it is not a hypo

thanks guys was sold to me as a Darwin's Python was just wondering what you all thought cause thought the Darwins has a mainly ringed pattern to it?

"Looks" like a Brisbane Carpet [coastal] to me.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]....ps keep in mind these can come in "cracker" hypo colours just north of Brisbane to green and yellow just sth [Mt. Tamborine].....

This is Silverbulls snake, just thought Id post it for him as its easier to ID it, hope you dont mind Silverbull
25102010051.jpg

i dont mind mate thanks for the help. listen if it is a Darwins like i was told by the shop so hatchlings are born with a pattern that changes?

def looks like a coastal to me ive added a pic of my normal when he was a little younger and my hypo to give u an idea IMG_0343.jpg P9030021.jpg P9030001.jpg

thanks guys just wanted to know cause when i am looking for another of the opposite sex dont really want to be getting the wrong snake.
thanks

Coastal, its the spitting image for my brisbane coastal girl.when she was a hatchy - hope you got a big cage lined up for when she grows........ and if its a brissie IT WILL :)

I've seen hundreds of coastals that look just like this specimen and even a few at work look the very same, it couldn't be anything else.

definately intend to feed up my COASTAL carpet python thanks guys and gals i really appreciate the help. oh she got a big cage will post some pics in a few weeks once she got a bit of meat on her bones. suppose thats what you get when you buy from a pet shop hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back