Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my girlfriend today. What snake do you want for your birthday, or do you want a dog lizard (lacy :p) or some frogs.
I consider myself very lucky :)

I AM! You are one lucky girl silatman! My birthday present this year was work things and a trip to the inlaws, mothersday was another trip to the inlaws :| And for christmas I have to "get rid" of my reptiles.

^ Lol, someone's jealous.

I have always been a reptile lover but my husband has a deep fear of snakes, so I had resigned myself to gazing longingly at them through the glass at the zoo.

This Mother's Day, he completely surprised me by going and getting his reptile license just so he could secretly buy me a python. I nearly fell over when he showed me my 'present'.

Since then he has helped build a vivarium and even feeds her for me. I'm the luckiest!

Great thread guys!!
My husband doesn't mind the snakes. I even bought him one for Fathers Day so he could have one.
2 weeks ago after doing a massive week out at the mines he was still happy to pop into a town on his 4 hour drive home to pick up my latest purchase for me!!!
He stays up when he's tired after work while I feed and clean them all out, incase I need 'backup' lol. (I have a few slitheries with anger management issues hehe)
He doesn't question me or ask me to sell any. He sees how happy they make me and after watching me battle depression for 8 years he's glad I found something for 'me' that makes me smile.
He supports & understands my love of snakes, so yeah - I appreciate my man heaps :)

I AM! You are one lucky girl silatman! My birthday present this year was work things and a trip to the inlaws, mothersday was another trip to the inlaws :| And for christmas I have to "get rid" of my reptiles.

Maybe for Christmas you should get rid of something else? : )

My partner's very supportive too...He's not big on reptiles, and to start with he wasn't keen on me getting them and decided I could only have 2 enclosures. 1 for lizards and 1 for snakes (like I would've listened anyway :lol:) so I could only have one species of each.

While he still won't go near them, he has now decided that I should start breeding them and eventually open my own reptile park because I have the passion, he likes the look of them and he will stop working to build and sell enclosures!!!

My wife is not into herps but tolerates them...my kids know nothing else except being around them and they LOVE them, so we out number her to the max!

I do get the "NOT another snake" comment often, but she is always interested when the girls lay the eggs. lol She's such a Mum!

I must admit though, she does like the GTP's they are her favorite as she reckons they are a pretty snake and always manages to coment about them when friends are over as we have a GTP display in the lounge room..

I'm single at the moment, but will be letting any potential partner know that I'll never be getting rid of the snakes. I have 5 of them, and I have plans for more, I'll also be breeding when my snakes get to the right age... I'll need someone who can accept that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back