make or buy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz25

Reaction score
im not sure if i should make an enclosure or buy one... help please

It's almost always cheaper to make one yourself, if you know what you are doing?
If cheaper is the objective?

Or you can have a look through the for sale ads on here, Trading Post, ebay etc for ready made enclosures, or you can find a cupboard/tv unit etc that you can adapt.

If you have the skills and the tools cheaper to make yourself then you only pay for the mterials

Pretty self explanatory really... do you really need to start a thread here with a question like that?

J.

Pretty self explanatory really... do you really need to start a thread here with a question like that?

J.
yeah starting threads for any and all questions is the going thing around here ;)
btw , if your only wanting one enclosure - then id buy it .

I personally would make one. But if your not experienced buy one it will save you time and money.

If you have the tools and skills, do it yourself and make exactly what you desire.

If you don't - get one custom built to exactly what you desire.

I got mine from a bloke Josh (JK customs). Check out his website (google jk customs). Good bloke, does a toop job and delivers as well. Very reasonable pricing and a vey good job too. He also let me modfy the design to some degree for what I wanted etc.

I'll be buying my next one from him, no questions asked.

Definitely cheaper to buy second hand than build yourself. I know that I have sold a lot of enclosure that I have built myself for less than half the contruction costs. Just look around a bit.

If you need someone else to answer that question for you, I'd say it's best to leave the use of potentially dangerous tools to someone else as well ;)

I have just finished converting an old tv cabinet/entertainment unit into an enclosure and it ended up costing me a lot more than I thought by the time I had bought glass, runners, thermostat, heating, etc. I will definately be buying secondhand next time.

im not sure if i should make an enclosure or buy one... help please

That depends if you ahve more spare money or more spare time and what your skill level and equipment availability is.

I buy my melamine enclosures as blanks ( bare tanks, no glass or lights ) and do the rest myself. Depending on what I'm setting up I'm not sure I save all that much but it certainly fills in a weekend setting it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back