Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads should be banned. Round and round they go same old @#$%.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of debate. Nobody is overstepping. It is simply people exchanging their opinions. I can't see a reason for banning threads that involve personal opinion... Would make for a pretty boring forum IMO. Perhaps don't support the thread with views and posts if you are upset by it?

Syeph8, are you arguing that it costs no more to breed an arbitrarily defined "quality" GTP that it does to breed a "lesser quality" GTP? If so I agree.*

Particular traits that are unique are what attracts the heftier price tag. If two people breed GTPs without notable traits, more often than not the cheaper one will sell faster.

Also I reiterate, it is entirely possible to have both price and quality. Cheaper doesn't equal poor quality.

Furthermore, waterrat: wanting a cheaper product does NOT make you a (and I quote) "penniless grub". It makes you a smart shopper. Analogy: to me it seems silly to pay more for milk at the corner store when you can buy the same milk at woolworths for half the price.^

*note: no assumptions this time :)

^ disclaimer: In no regard is the aforementioned example a representation of any members or associations and their products, nor does the nominated price difference hold any virtue outside the example.

Furthermore, waterrat: wanting a cheaper product does NOT make you a (and I quote) "penniless grub". It makes you a smart shopper. Analogy: to me it seems silly to pay more for milk at the corner store when you can buy the same milk at woolworths for half the price.^

It's pity you misunderstood: penniless people are not grubs. Grubs with no money are "penniless grubs", their ambition in life to pull successful people down to their own level.

You analogy is interesting but would you agree that - milk is something you NEED every day (unless you like black coffee) - GTP is a living animal that you don't need but may desire to have one. The price of milk and GTP is not the same either.
I never said or implied that cheaper GTPs are inferior, I said their price does not determine the benchmark.

Im not knocking anyone for having a reptile business or sponsership etc. all im saying is that those that dont do that shouldnt expect to be able to sell things as easily at the same prices.

I didn't know that Cris, so thanks. It doesn't surprise me that such health problems exist in seriously inbred bloodlines like some of these exotic morphs.

While you may get various problems from poor breeding, the jag mutation is one that brings with it neurological problems, many are hybrids and its nothing to do with inbreeding (that is seperate topic). Its quite possible the same mutation appeared here legally and its just been covered up to make it look like they are all smuggled in ;)

I never said or implied that cheaper GTPs are inferior, I said their price does not determine the benchmark.

on this i agree with you. there are some very good looking and healthy GTP's on the market for a low price. they may not be as vibrant as yours, but are still amazing to look at and come from good clean healthy stock and maintained very well by their breeders. i would be perfectly comfortable setting the benchmark with these snakes.

While you may get various problems from poor breeding, the jag mutation is one that brings with it neurological problems, many are hybrids and its nothing to do with inbreeding (that is seperate topic). Its quite possible the same mutation appeared here legally and its just been covered up to make it look like they are all smuggled in ;)

hahaha couldnt have put it better myself

just as there are many more good looking GTPs for higher price than mine (look up RDU, Herptrader) but the focus seem to be fair and square on the cheap ones and even they are not cheap enough for the penniless grubs.
I better stop here.

I prefer not to call people names. most of the people who do this usually like to think that they are better than others. Final result is that they put them self down in the process.
There is many readers here and most of them don't post, just read. I bet that they are rolling they eyes some times.
Why to call anybody penniless grubs?

I prefer not to call people names. most of the people who do this usually like to think that they are better than others. Final result is that they put them self down in the process.
There is many readers here and most of them don't post, just read. I bet that they are rolling they eyes some times.

Are you saying a grub is an inferrior animal? I was thinking it was a complement refering to efficiency and productivity. What sort of grub would collect old coins anyway?

Without grubs the entire ecosystem would crash, they are far more important in the ecosystem than something like a GTP. Also where would the mechanical world be without grub screws? Are they inferrior to a cheap rounded slot head that is poorly cast?

a few years ago when the amount of carpets being bred was only small ,the breeders made out that they were hard to breed ,then larger numbers were being bred we all know now how easily they are to keep and breed.

carpets are hardy , greens are a little more tricky but if keepers begin to understand GTPs and give them what they need (very little imo) there's no reason why they can't be readily available and easily bred.

Last edited:

Got your message Slateman, I am now joining the readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back