Woodies.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
easy as! all you need is a tub, egg cartons, fluon painted around the sides (purchased from herp trader) chicken feed and some carrot!
oh and a lid cut out with mesh souldered into it. thats seriously all you need

I use the rain saver crystals as their water source just t add what has been said above. you can also use Vaseline around the edges if you dont have fluon. They are so easy to breed its not funny, i used to have to release them because they were over breeding so badly.

if you dont have an fluon, or access to buy it, put the Vaseline around the edges of the container you are keeping in them so that they cant crawl up the walls past it and edges through gaps etc. also another tip I used to keep my woodies i nthe garage and used to get regular break in from possums etc looking for their food so just make sure the containers are durable/lid id secure etc.

yes i agree with what everyone else has said i breed my woodies and made the tub the exact same way. i ended up getting comb footed spiders breed in my tub tho and started eating off all my woodies. so i just let the rest that lived go in my garden.

gday eddie, do a seach man, heaps of pics and threads about, they are dead easy, makes breeding like rabbits a joke

My only suggestion would be avoid Vaseline, as it can run in hot weather and make a godawful mess. In the meantime, read this: Brettix Reptiles

I use the water crystals, and grind up cat biscuits in a coffee grinder - 2 mins a week to maintain. For small lizards, I've heard you can put an elastic band around some thicker drinking straws... Little roachers apparently hide in them while the larger one can't fit - and you just tap them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back