Beardie Not Eating Veg??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckby09

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Beardies go off there vegetables? My girl hasn't eaten her veg for a week now, but will go nuts for her mealies and crix? :? She's not showing any signs of illness, has her morning bask outside every day.....temps are all good in her enclosure too.....

Thank you!

My male is the same.. Used to love em and now dosnt touch them at all.

My female, well lets just say i havnt seen her eat veggies since ive had her, although she is only about 6 months, so most of her diet is still live feeders..

Hi There, yeah I offer her veg everyday, and give her crix every 2-3 days also give her mealies as a treat, I offer her heaps of different fruit and veg, so I'm baffled, she used to love her veg!! From what I hear other people are doing...feeding live food everyday, I feel like I'm not feeding her enough!? I see other posts on here too with problem or fussy beardies at the moment. Mmmmm.....

Oh I forgot to add, that when I give her crix she will polish off a dozen no probs!!

i feed my adults every 2nd day , and the hatchlings every day [ they love there greens]. i still say your beardie is being fussy , maybe she should skip a meal or 2 . the might adjust her attitude .

i feed my adults every 2nd day , and the hatchlings every day [ they love there greens]. i still say your beardie is being fussy , maybe she should skip a meal or 2 . the might adjust her attitude .

I do this with the dogs, too, and the 13yo kid if he's being really stubborn ;) It never fails to work on them, but my beardie has never eaten much veg other than greens. Has always turned her nose up at everything else...

be persistant and hold off live food for a bit till she starts eating her veges again,...a vege eating beardie will live a longer healthier life than one who gets away with being fussy,....

faves with my guys are chinese broc, pak choy, green beans and butternut pumpkin,...

Ok I'll hold off on the live food for a bit, and keep offering the veg. I give her bok choy, butternut pumpkin, yellow squash, endive if I can get it, and her fav treat is red capsicum but a treat only. She's even gone off that!! Thanks again!

try maybe putting a few meal worms in the veg? if no one has already said that.

Finally!! I mixed some mealies in her veg and she ate some!! I thought she was just going to pick them out and not eat the veg, but she had some veg which is great!! I bought some new pellets for her today too. She knows the mealie container and as soon as she saw them she was nudging at the glass trying to get to them!! So it was a great start!! :D Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back