Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calebs92

Reaction score
springfield lakes ,ipswich ,qld ,australia
i no this has properly been done many many times before, but the thing is you type in enclosures or something in to the search thing, and mine came up with the cat thread :L. so show ya your beautiful display enclosure big or small ,tall or long.
thank you
cheers caleb

IMAG0137 (Small).jpgIMAG0134 (Small).jpgIMAG0135 (Small).jpgIMAG0141 (Small).jpg .

This is my latest one I built for my Scrubby . 2.4 x .6 x .8 . She is just over 10ft now so wont be long before she has to be moved to an even bigger setup .

Here's one of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 288
Cheers Caleb,
My enclosure is 1m long x .7m deep x 1.2m high.
Its actually a 2 year old green in there weighing almost 400g, probably looks smaller cos of the size of the enclosure.

Yeah when I was younger I was looking forward to the day I could have Greens at home- it took me another 18 years until I managed to get there!

I think all the animals shown so far lend themselves well to display enclosures. I dont know much about lizards, but Boyds seem very arboreal & like verticle space & always seem to be on branches.
I think Scrubbies & Greens are perfect also for display enclosures because they also prefer to climb & rest on branches. Its just a little more tricky to find the space for adult Scrubbies.

To answer your questions- Scrubbies can grow to 5-6m long. Greens grow to about 1.5m.

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 161
5-6m holy crud monkeys! That will be a decent display enclosure : p Greens are the next one on my list after I finish mucking around with the Boyds viv, but I was at a mates shop the other day and one of his scrubbies had blue eyes is that a normal trait for them...Not that I'm game for something that big

Bigger is better, Funkstaa ;) But I'm biased... olives, coastals, mastiff, wolfhound, clydies... :lol:

How could anybody possibly keep a Scrubby? They are so huge! How do you move it from tank to tank and stuff when its an adult? What do you FEED it? Small children?

Last edited:
Here's one im building for my snakes at the moment and this is what I have already

Attachments

• DSCF0295.jpg
    DSCF0295.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 199
  • SAM_0134.jpg
    SAM_0134.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 119
  • SAM_0137.jpg
    SAM_0137.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 121
Bigger is better, Funkstaa ;) But I'm biased... olives, coastals, mastiff, wolfhound, clydies... :lol:

hehe good on you Kristy, if I had more confidence I would have bigger snakes but Fluffy and the Cardwells keep me on my toes...I think I'm a dragon girl - but I will continue to admire from afar...All snakes are georgous I'm envious not to have the confidence of you guys, bigger pythons look so much better than wittle one's in displays

Yea it's what my daughter wanted so I did it green, its still in process of attaching vines and stuff so it hide's some of the green, but hey what can I say my daughter has green as her fav colour lol

How could anybody possibly keep a Scrubby? They are so huge! How do you move it from tank to tank and stuff when its an adult? What do you FEED it? Small children?
There is a person on the southside of Brisbane with a scrubbie and the last time l saw it was 8+/- years ago and it was 5 meters at least and the enclosure he kept it in covered virtually the whole of his lounge room wall and a stunning cabinet in natural timbers....solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back