show us ya fishing gear

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moses, I use the saltist for high speed spinning for mackerel and LT tuna and find it to be a good reel for the price, I've only caught fish up to around 16kg on it so I'm yet to really test it out but I think it would handle larger fish quite well.
no worries mate i was thinking of getting a 6500 for a jigging reel as i mainly use overhead so it wont get much uses but i hear you can put the saltiga drag in them anyway. the new saltist overhead is a sexy reel especially when decked with fishman braid

oh and where do you spin for the longie's? off land or boat?

Forgot to put up my 2 favourite little outfits, my eging (squid fishing) gears. Anyone else into eging ? I can't get enough of it.

Attachments

• SDC10220.JPG
    SDC10220.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 48
lol i have an ugly stick and a beach rod....lol, 14 y/o's waddaya gonna do....lol
ive used the ugly stick a LOT, i dont live near the sea , im a river fishermen, ive caught plenty of yellowbelly, a cod,a few catfish, thousands of carp, redfin...
im jelouse of you sea fishers, ive only been a few times but WOW, theres a lot of fish.....

Just in the process of doing up my 12ft tinny, giving the 6horse evinrude a tune up and dusting the webs off the rods n reels. My fav rod is a 5 1/2 ft catana with a an Abu black max loaded with 12lb spider wire.
I just finished the tubular component of a bimini for my boat, and a mate will sew the cover. I can't wait for December 9th when I head up to Wallis Lake for some serious live poddy mullet drifting.

Spin for the LT's in Moreton Bay out of a boat, though I rarely throw slugs at them now days, I prefer to use plastics. The outfit I use for plastics is a certate 3500hd and egrell s10 . If you put carbontec drag in the 6500 you shouldn't have any issues.

Have any of you fished swain reefs off Gladstone? I reckon that's gotta be some of the most intense fisshing on the planet.

yeah mate i do alot and buy alot of gear direct from japan including egi sprays etc ,y pb in sydney was a southern with a 52cm hood

Nice squid moses, we don't get them that big around here, 30-35 is a big on for us.

Kenshin if you and the missus like eging you should join the Brisbane Egi Club, a great way to learn all the tricks and spots around SE Qld.
We also have 6 monthly comps in the peak season witch are well worth coming along to, great bunch of people and you learn allot .
You live in the right area to as Redcliffe peninsula is one of the best land based spots around.

All I need.

Have got a few freshwater rods and reels I love and a collection of lures that is always growing. Someone told me that the formula for the amount of lures one needs = x + 1 where x is the amount you currently have.. I try to follow that rule.

P1150001.jpg

ive got the lightests starlo stiX with a with a shimano stradic 1000
and a daiwa baitcaster for top end fishing
a shimano symetre 4000 with a heavier starlo stiX for kings, pelagics, large top end fish,snapper and reefies.
have more those just to name a few!

This is my fishing gear, i need to get some better nets and my bow setup...

I hate hook fishing unless im guaranteed a good feed and minimal chance of by catch like turtles, lungfish, platypii etc.

Attachments

• real fishin.jpg
    real fishin.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
guys it seems there are alot of people from brisbane and surrounds into fishing, what do you think of aAPS fishing social? could make it a really fun day i reckon

This is my fishing gear, i need to get some better nets and my bow setup...

I hate hook fishing unless im guaranteed a good feed and minimal chance of by catch like turtles, lungfish, platypii etc.
Aren't you at a much greater risk of bycatch with a net? There's no discrimination with a net.

we shall have to look at that cheers for the info

what yak's are they phil mrs and i are thinking of getting a yak each
They are Viking Nemo kayaks. Single seaters, but you can get the Viking Nemo in a 2 seater (that can be used as a single seater if needed). Got them from Viking kayaks in Chermside - one of the best purchases I've made in a long long time

Aren't you at a much greater risk of bycatch with a net? There's no discrimination with a net.

Doesnt harm turtles and my goannas and turtles eat everything i dont, only throw back stuff thats illegal(which isnt much usually). I also prefer to see what im catching before i throw the net, so there is considerable disrimination although small fish are often lurking where you cant see them.

If anyone is interested in an Aussie fishing, camping and 4wding forum.
Go to www.fishoz.com.au
It is only a new forum but there is some info about fishing around the Brisbane area and also other areas.

If you join up put nudge2325 in the referal section of the register page.

Cheers
nudge.

Ps I am one of the Mods for the site.

If anyone is interested in an Aussie fishing, camping and 4wding forum.
Go to www.fishoz.com.au
It is only a new forum but there is some info about fishing around the Brisbane area and also other areas.

If you join up put nudge2325 in the referal section of the register page.

Cheers

Ps I am one of the Mods for the site.
does this mean we have ban imunity?
nudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back