Westerns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helikaon

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i lifted the hide in my pair of westerns tank and this is what a i saw, havnt looked at them for a little while and either shes eating all the food and hes eating nothing or shes gravid. i'd say either way shes eating most of it. especially as most of my males are just starting to really hook into food again recently.

cross fingers for me ppls. id say they will be due end of december

P1070939.jpg

P1070940.jpg

cheers
gary

Hehehe, those little legs are so funny when they're gravid ;)

Nice lizards, Gary

your so lucky to have westerns! love love love westerns!!!

just curious, the scales on the guy/girl(darker looking one) look a little funny, are they a bit dry? sometimes my bluey will get that on his stomach. do you happen to know what causes it?

Gather the female is the darker one...Why dont you see many ppl with these,i think there a awesome looking bluey...

yeah they can get dry scales on their belly especially they are an eastern on a dry substrate like saw shavings. but the big fat girls scales are still a bit damaged from the breeding season, the males can get a bit rough during that time.

yeah the female is definitely the dark one, she should be coming up for a shed soon adn then should give birth about 3 weeks later. both are SA local and are that nice light red colour when freshly shed like the male. i dont see these guys available much, so i assume thats why they arnt as popular but they are great blueys and make excellent pets.

Nice fat looking girl gary , heres a pic of blizzard , looking at your girl i think blizzard may have been a bit small and missed out this year :(
They way she is sitting at the moment she looks a bit fatter near her legs , i guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed and wait an see what happens .

blizzard pregnant .jpg

cheers nico

deffinitely cross my fingers, if not we can try again next year when shes bigger. you'l know soon enough if she is

I breed them every year. Certainly looks pregnant, sometimes mine give birth to yolks instead of babies. Its always a great surprise to find some baby striped beauties resting next to mum. Good luck.

Yeah, jsut waiting for her next shed and then the laboured breathing, she is still eating like a pig, so i am hopeing she isnt just massively fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back