Any bird lovers here???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mis-devious

Reaction score
hey yall. i bought my very first bird a couple of days ago, a baby lutino ringneck named ducky.... now i have 3 baby birds LOL. i have never liked birds in my life but now i wake up (not intentionally) at 7:30 to feed my babys. does any one else have a love for birds who can share there knowlage with me? photos too would be nice :)

Attachments

• Picture0022.jpg
    Picture0022.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 118
aww i have a soft spot for rn's even if they are little turds... i hr'd my rescue girl for 6 months :) she was the best bird i ever had

Yep, bird lover here. Reptiles are a side hobby :D
Danny is my Yellow-naped Amazon.

fluffy.jpgladder_pose.jpgIMAG0108.jpgIMAG0106.jpg
pencil.png

LOVE birds. We bred them when I was growing up. Had one very successful clutch from green ringnecks which threw a blue baby, so stoked. One thing I learnt, handrearing my first chick by myself, was that when little birds are hot, they don't move away from their heat source. You need to monitor their temperature for them, to make sure they don't get too hot or too cold, as at a young age they won't do this themselves.
Also, don't feed food straight from the fridge. Bird body temperature is just over 40 degrees. If you feed them cold food, you'll chill them very fast.
That's about all I can think of for now. Good luck with your little birds! Feel free to pm me if you need any help!
(btw, I also worked as an assistant bird keeper at currumbin sanctuary for a few months, and have been working in the vet hospital there for going on 7 years now, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does :D)

Yeah their's heaps of bird lover's out there l breed ringneck in green,blue,yellow,white,& gray plus alexanderines,plum heads,& moustached parrots.l also have sun conures,nanday's,& green cheeked aswell as rainbow,scaly,musk lorikeets & superb's, princess parrots.But best of all is harry my cocky every morning he greet's me with whassup D..k head give us a kiss bit.. & goes off his rocker when l crank up the metallica & gunnerz hahaha.

i dont like you now :cry:

Okaaaaay.. I dont know you, but I 'spose that's ok if you feel the need just because I have a pet bird...:|

For the rest of you that might like me, here's a couple of vids :D

[video=youtube;zaR2o-KkumI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaR2o-KkumI[/video]

[video=youtube;YYtXxRAmfw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYtXxRAmfw4[/video]

i have 2 eckies one of whom is a seriel plucker and a tad crazy , the other a mad talker who sticks to me like glue if there is food to be had.

i think someone is jealous of your Danny and having seen him in person he sure is a beauty !

The downside of parrot keeping is they have to be messiest pets ive ever owned in my life !!!

hey yall. i bought my very first bird a couple of days ago, a baby lutino ringneck named ducky.... now i have 3 baby birds LOL. i have never liked birds in my life but now i wake up (not intentionally) at 7:30 to feed my babys. does any one else have a love for birds who can share there knowlage with me? photos too would be nice :)
Your hands are yellow.

Thanks Sarah! :D I'm uploading another vid at the moment of him playing on the couch - I'll put the link up soon.

Food.... lol.. Does work wonders! I prefer Danny's mess to the frillies - at least his doesnt stink...

Loving everyone's birds - they make me jealous! :D

Does anyone know the typical going price for a hand raised Green Cheek or Sun Conure lately? I'll be looking for one after Christmas :)

well he sounds like he doesnt really make that much mess at least compared to an ecky that will paint the walls and floors with their food . i dont have anything bigger then a gecko here except 4 pythons and at least their mess isnt daily lol.

sun conure is about 400-600 but a green cheek conure is anything from 100-200 and more if you go for a pineapple green cheeked.

This is how Danny likes to play on the couch :D

[video=youtube;ijLBz_AyaLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLBz_AyaLs[/video]

I got a hand-raised cinnamon green cheek a few weeks ago. I absolutely love him, can be a bitey little poo and likes to throw a tantrum now and then but he is also an affectionate and curious little bird. and I'm very glad i decided to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back