my beardy and salad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_89

Reaction score
Does anyone have any sort of last resort tricks to get a pygmy beardy to eat his veg coz mine simply wont

dont feed it woodies for a day or 2 jus dont hold of to long :D when it gets hungry it will eat the salad, try feeding lettice choped an nothing else at 1st and slowly add more and more greens ect

Try clover or the small purple flowers from the native sweet pea. They seem to be favourites of my Central Beardies, your Pygmy might be inspired by them too.

Young lizards are less inclined to eat salad, they consume more insects due to a preference for movement orientated eating.

Try to avoid iceberg lettuce. Dandelion flowers, bok choy are great as a base, with obvious other items included and varied throughout the week. My Centrals get 4 types of fruit/veges daily and about seven through the week, with some offered more regularly than others.

dunno if it has been said yet but i got my beardie to eat buy putting a few mealworms in with the veg bowl. worked a charm.

if you came across silk worms give them to your lizards on the leaves they'll probably eat the lots- mulberry leaves are great for dragons also

dunno bout pygmy, keep vitticeps though and notice if i dont mist and or bath them (as some people do) they tend to eat more vege. also put vege in in the morning, insects in the arvo.

hth

Thanks all ill try all even the no tv and internet :/

i tried him with fruit he eats watermelon but i cant give him heaps too much sugar you know like the old dont give kids red cordial thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back