eggbound? help...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was very shattering Alek... im still not sure she will make it... looks like the 3 eggs were stuck in her duct.. they were caught in a clear sack i had to tear open to get them out...

a massive THANK YOU to Warrick(wokka) for taking the time out on a busy day to call in & assist... she had 16 eggs in total.. i know 3 are ok.. they are in the inc. but the others i have to candle.. some look promising.. just need to sort em out... thanks for everyones help..

a lesson to the ppl out there that think breeding in a piece of cake... nature is envoled.. she is a harsh mistress sometime....

What a horrible thing to happen , I hope shes ok and you get a few eggs hatch.

she is refusing food which is very strange for her... still breathing though... fingers crossed..

She must be pretty stressed out....like you say though she is still breathing which is a step in the right direction.

How hard was it to actually push th eggs out? Did you have to use much force?

Cheers,
Dave

Wow, so sorry to hear about this.
i dont keep snakes myself, but couldnt stop reading on.

Hope she end up comming good mate :)

the first 4 eggs were layed, then she became stuck, every egg had to be massaged out.. every egg got stuck in the same spot & had to be massaged passed that point... not much force was used..

i really dont think she will make it.. her oviducts are hanging out 5-6 inches

Did you end up going to a vet? They can't er tie them up or something and save the snake?

Gee Tony going through that would be so heartbroken...Warwick certaintly knows his stuff....(Well done) for taking the time out to give your expertese and helping Tony....I truely hope she makes it Tony..all the best..

Sorry to play devils advocate here but i strongly doubt that the animal in question will survive. At least if she does survive she never has to go through this ever again.

What are you expecting to happen to her oviducts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back